Kroger Now Asking Customer Not to Open Carry

Garufa

• Admin Team
2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t get to go now. My wife goes by herself because she says I buy too much “stuff”.

That's also, incidentally probably a big part of Walmart and Kroger's decision making process.

They know that it really doesn't matter a whole lot what you think.  You're not likely to be the one buying the groceries week in and week out.

And, the person who does - is probably still coming to Kroger or Walmart.

I can’t open carry in any Mall, and now I can’t open carry in a grocery store. Concealed means concealed. Got it.

The next big drama issue I expect to see is that in this state I suspect if they call the cops the cops are going to tell them they have to legally post their property. Now its not just open carry; but concealed as well.

I have said this a couple times and I will say it once more. I have never and plan to never open carry a firearm period. I even go out of my way to amke sure I never print when I do carry. I don't want any bad guy/badguys to have a clue I am armed. That is to my advantage, not theirs. As far any stores of any size that chose to stop Open Carry in thier business it is their privledge to do that. I would very much rather see a No Open Carry sign on a business then a Gun Buster sign on a door preventing me from trading there. I honestly think these store and businesses are trying to work with gun owners if you stop and think about it. They are not taking the easy way out and just putting up gun buster signs. People talking about boy cotting certain grocery stores. Ok what happens when the rest of them follow suit and either go No OC or No Guns period. You better hope you live on a farm and can grow all your food!!!

Myself, I am will to accept the decision of Krogers. I avoid Walmart like the plague! Would only go there in an emergency!!! I have been doing business with Walgreens most of my adult life and don't plan on changing anytime soon and I wear my gun in there every time I go and no one knows it but me.

I think those businesses that have gone to CC only are trying to compromise with gun owners and I respect them for that...............JMHO

• Like 7

BlessTheUSA

Intentional or not, this launched me back to one of the most famous speech's by one of the most famous orators in history.   Just before he made his most famous "give me liberty or give me death"  the premise leading up to this was   if not now, when?     Not the same context but ask the very personal question deep within all of us?

Morgan88

Edited by Morgan88
spelling correction
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

We shop almost exclusively at Aldi. Their new decision won't stop me from shopping there. If I tried to boycott every store that didn't fully support the 2A I'm not sure where that would leave. I save enough money at Aldi that I just don't care. 

I personally support your decision 100%. I have never shopped at an Aldi's but know folks that have and none of them open carried anyway so it won't effect them either............JMHO

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

We shop almost exclusively at Aldi. Their new decision won't stop me from shopping there. If I tried to boycott every store that didn't fully support the 2A I'm not sure where that would leave. I save enough money at Aldi that I just don't care. 

12 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I personally support your decision 100%. I have never shopped at an Aldi's but know folks that have and none of them open carried anyway so it won't effect them either............JMHO

I was called a Fudd when I didn't care. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I was called a Fudd when I didn't care. 

Well I guess I am a Fudd to then...........:up: It is not that I don't care about what the businesses are doing. What I see is companies compromising on what should be done and they are not against gun owners. They just don't want people walking around in their stores showing off their guns which to me is not necessary to begin with. If a person chooses to open carry that is their choice and they can accept what the companies are choosing to do or choose to not do business with them. It is not like the companies are not giving anyone options!.............JMHO 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Like I said earlier if you insist on doing open carry you may need to have plenty of room for a very large garden and a place to raise your own chickens, pigs and beef if your going to eat. That or be a good hunter and be able to fill your freezers with wild game...........JMHO

• Like 1