NRA-Domestic Terrorist Organization

"San Francisco Supervisors Vote Unanimously to Designate NRA ‘Domestic Terrorist Organization"

You just can't make this stuff up. "Being stupid should hurt" was the phrase invented for stuff like this. 

Too bad the NRA has weakened itself and there is a good possibility it isn’t up for the fight.

You would think there would be some kind of law about a government agency declaring a legit political group a terrorist organization.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 3

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-brands-nra-a-domestic-terrorist-organization

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has passed a resolution declaring the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” and urged the federal government to do the same – the latest escalation in the heated rhetoric from Democrats regarding the NRA in the wake of several deadly mass shootings.

The resolution, which passed Tuesday and says the U.S. is “plagued by an epidemic of gun violence,” accuses the NRA of using “its considerable wealth and organization strength to promote gun ownership and incite gun owners to acts of violence.”

“All countries have violent and hateful people, but only in America do we give them ready access to assault weapons and large-capacity magazines thanks, in large part, to the National Rifle Association’s influence,” the resolution says.

The document resolves to assess the relationships that those who do business with the city have with the group and says “the City and County of San Francisco should take every reasonable step to limit those entities who do business with the City and County of San Francisco from doing business with this domestic terrorist organization.”

The resolution cites the July mass shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, in which three people were killed. KTVU reports that the resolution’s author wrote the text after that shooting.

The NRA responded by calling the resolution a stunt that was distracting from the city’s myriad of social problems.

"This ludicrous stunt by the Board of Supervisors is an effort to distract from the real problems facing San Francisco, such as rampant homelessness, drug abuse and skyrocketing petty crime, to name a few,” the statement said, according to KTVU. “The NRA will continue working to protect the constitutional rights of all freedom-loving Americans."

The measure comes as Democrats across the country are ramping up calls to crack down on gun ownership, in response to deadly mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and western Texas. Some presidential candidates have proposed mandatory buyback programs, notably Beto O'Rourke who bluntly told reporters that would be the plan.

“I want to be really clear that that’s exactly what we are going to do,” O’Rourke said. “Americans who own AR-15s, AK-47s, will have to sell them to the government.”

Republicans, however, have noted that gun violence is still rampant in major cities like Chicago that have strict gun laws in place.

“Gun control doesn’t work. Look at Chicago. Disarming law-abiding citizens isn’t the answer,” Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted Monday.

• Like 3

I think unless the NRA puts some new people in charge that knows what they are doing the NRA will continue to take hits like this more and more. Right now they have a bunch of spineless people in charge that all they can do is ask for their members to send them money. They ask me for donations at least twice a week but I don't see them doing anything positive to earn it.........JMHO

• Like 3

https://www.aclu.org/other/how-usa-patriot-act-redefines-domestic-terrorism

The definition of domestic terrorism is broad enough to encompass the activities of several prominent activist campaigns and organizations. Greenpeace, Operation Rescue, Vieques Island and WTO protesters and the Environmental Liberation Front have all recently engaged in activities that could subject them to being investigated as engaging in domestic terrorism. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism

Could it be those Bay Area folks are bending the rules to suit their own needs again??

• Like 1

Other than the Hestonian, "from my cold, dead fingers..." what evidence can be produced that proves the NRA incites gun owners to violence.

I have a right to protect myself and loved ones from un-invited bodily harm or death.

My assailant may be a former Fight Clubber, someone jacked on drugs, good old fashioned armed robber, or possibly a group of wolves.

Here's your pointed stick, good luck, hopefully he'll only be armed with a banana.

Yet another reason to not buy California.

Hopefully some of the brand name accessory manufacturers will flee to more friendly climes.

• Like 2

The document resolves to assess the relationships that those who do business with the city have with the group and says “the City and County of San Francisco should take every reasonable step to limit those entities who do business with the City and County of San Francisco from doing business with this domestic terrorist organization.”

I say give them what they want! S&W, Glock, etc. should stop selling to their police force, bodyguards and security teams. Cut them off from anything firearm related. They are begging for it

10 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Kalifornia, the land of fruits & nuts. Nothing from the left coast surprises me. My pastor said this about 2 or 3 weeks ago. " This country is more divided than it was during the Civil War."

I don’t believe it is yet, but we are headed that way. Talking with people in the workplace or out in public does not yield the same results as reading what they say on the internet or in the news.

The battle this time won’t be over race, although a lot of one side sure is tired of being called racists at every turn.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t believe it is yet, but we are headed that way. Talking with people in the workplace or out in public does not yield the same results as reading what they say on the internet or in the news.

The battle this time won’t be over race, although a lot of one side sure is tired of being called racists at every turn.

The difference is there's no social filter on the Internet for the most part. We have a filter placed on us while on TGO by David, but on other sites not so much. Without the social filter I'd argue that people are saying exactly how they feel because anonymity shields them from backlash.  

15 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

The difference is there's no social filter on the Internet for the most part. We have a filter placed on us while on TGO by David, but on other sites not so much. Without the social filter I'd argue that people are saying exactly how they feel because anonymity shields them from backlash.  

I don’t know. Do you think those that say most old white men are racists and white supremacists really believe that? Or they are doing it because singling out a group like that will get them front page news? I mean come on, the leaders in the Democratic party right now are two old white men.

3 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t know. Do you think those that say most old white men are racists and white supremacists really believe that? Or they are doing it because singling out a group like that will get them front page news? I mean come on, the leaders in the Democratic party right now are two old white men.

I think they'll parrot what they agree with. There are some people, (Trolls), who just get a kick out of insulting others. But for agreeing with someone goes I use Nazi Germany, Russia, and China as examples. People had to agree with what went on in order to carry out the atrocities. 

53 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I think they'll parrot what they agree with. There are some people, (Trolls), who just get a kick out of insulting others. But for agreeing with someone goes I use Nazi Germany, Russia, and China as examples. People had to agree with what went on in order to carry out the atrocities. 

However what did the leaders do first? Gun control. You control the guns and ammo, you control the people. An axe, shovel, hoe don't stand much of a chance against a Luger or Mauser. People also went along with it because if they didn't they might find themselves in a concentration camp or dead, or both.

12 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

However what did the leaders do first? Gun control. You control the guns and ammo, you control the people. An axe, shovel, hoe don't stand much of a chance against a Luger or Mauser. People also went along with it because if they didn't they might find themselves in a concentration camp or dead, or both.

Gun control isn't the topic that I was addressing, but even with that the military as a whole had to agree to enforce the leader's despicable orders. They, after all, had the guns.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Kalifornia, the land of fruits & nuts. Nothing from the left coast surprises me. My pastor said this about 2 or 3 weeks ago. " This country is more divided than it was during the Civil War."

Yea but at least during the Civil War you knew who your enemy was. These days the country is divided into so many ways no one really knows who all the enemies are!!!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, bersaguy said:

I think unless the NRA puts some new people in charge that knows what they are doing the NRA will continue to take hits like this more and more. Right now they have a bunch of spineless people in charge that all they can do is ask for their members to send them money. They ask me for donations at least twice a week but I don't see them doing anything positive to earn it.........JMHO

The declaration by the prog/soc/comm san fran council has nothing to do with the leadership of the NRA, although I admit they are very lacking. The NRA is a convenient target, the ones in their crosshairs are you, me & every other law abiding gun owner in this country.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 3