Rebel Yell

Guest SUNTZU

I found this while searching youtube. It is a recording from the 30's, I think, of a surviving Confederate soldier showing the producer at a radio station the Rebel yell. They then take that and simulate a company of Confederate soldiers as they are charging towards you on a battlefield. The audio of the yell starts at 2:54.

[ame]

[/ame]
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this while searching youtube. It is a recording from the 30's, I think, of a surviving Confederate soldier showing the producer at a radio station the Rebel yell. They then take that and simulate a company of Confederate soldiers as they are charging towards you on a battlefield. The audio of the yell starts at 2:54.

Well. That was the strangest thing I've ever heard.

I would have liked to be a part of this charge. Fictional as it may be, but it still gives me chills.

[ame]

[/ame]

Man! Sounds like some weird coyotes coming at you. Must have sounded pretty freaky to the Union soldiers to have a whole company coming at you like that.

As Billy Idol said, "With a Rebel yell she cried more, more, more!"

It seems to me that most people think that YeeHaw is the rebel yell. Like the video says, I'm sure there are many variations. It is really cool, though, to hear one of the real ones. And yes, I would not like to be the boy in blue who was listening to that coming through the fog at me, either.

Guest bkelm18

True Story

A couple years ago while my ship was cruising the Caribbean playing war games with various Latin American navies and just generally having a presence to tell Hugo Chavez that he need to chill the f*ck out, we had a steel beach picnic. There was a band playing and they were playing "Sweet Home Alabama". There was a guy in my division, fat and possibly mentally deficient, who was a hard core southerner. He even carried a picture of himself dressed in Rebel garb in his wallet. Anyway, this is apparently his favorite song and we were all egging him on to give us a rebel yell. He did and it sounded quite similar to the recording and it frightened me to where I just about crapped myself. So I'd say a few thousand rebels doing that would strike fear into many a Union soldier.

Guest bkelm18
It was but apparently not everyone could properly run and scream "DUH DUH DUH DUN DUH DUH DUN DUN DUN!"

I move to vote that Punisher84 post a video of himself demonstrating this rebel yell. All in favor?

Guest bkelm18
Tempt me not...:D

Motion denied unless member that brought the motion agrees to provide video of himself performing the truffle shuffle.

Motion denied, aye. :D The absolute power of my truffle shuffle frightens small children, and this is a public forum, soo ya know.. :D