Scoped Revolver

DaveTN

I thought I wanted a scoped revolver. But all of my centerfires are S&W pre-locks that I didn’t want to Drill &Tap. I was kicking around the idea of a new 686, they are drilled & tapped for a scope mount from the factory. But then I looked at my 617 and saw that it was factory drilled & tapped.

So I guess I’ll try it on a rimfire first. Should get to try this out this weekend.

1vYbJg6.jpg

• Like 5

Years ago, back around '86 or so, I had a Dan Wesson 44 mag with a 8" heavy vent rib BBL.

Got a mount for it from B Square in Ft. Worth. Clamped on, worked fine.

Good luck with your venture, I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

Killed a few deer with it, BTW.

Edited by Grunt67
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
On 9/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, 221 Fireball said:

My rarest Smith, teaser gun for Greg (TripleGGG) ... 8 3/8" Model 29 DX. :)

IMG_5148.JPG

I have a standing order!!!!!!!!!  And thanks for placing it on a red background!

Edited by TripleGGG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.