145 CEOs send letter demanding action to Congress

• Admin Team

See attached - with signatories including Jared Kushner's brother:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/1699-gun-control-letter-to-the-sena/3258ed616a016f80dfa3/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

It's interesting to watch the groundswell of corporate action - that I'm not sure will abate anytime soon.

Last year was the first year on record that gun control groups spent more money than advocacy groups (guess who politicians listen to?)

As responsible gun owners, we've got an interesting road ahead of us.  Advocacy is going to look different in the future than it has in the past.  Personally, I'd love to see a strong second amendment with a lot more room under the tent. We're going to need more voices.  They're going to need to be well reasoned. 

It's going to be a tricky needle to thread - but we've got to be a part of creating a future vision of gun owners that people want to be a part of.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

It's interesting to watch the groundswell of corporate action - that I'm not sure will abate anytime soon.

Given that fat cats tend to have their heads on spikes alongside politicians during popular uprisings (ties into fiscal policy and the soon to be hyper acceleration of automation), I can see why small to large cap CEOs favor a disarmed population (save for their security, of course). 

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If true, the operational leadership of the NRA is part of the problem.

Misuse of dues and donations alienate current and future members.

Perhaps change some of the fear based confiscation messaging with highlights from educational events and interview the young people who participate.

Kids sell stuff, if you could get a dog or two in the video...

• Like 2

Ha, ha..... decades ago I saw this coming. You would have states that respect the 2nd A far more that others that legislated it in to a shadow of its original meaning. The hinge pin to the future is the rush to red flag laws. They have found this to be acceptable but in fact its the platform for the physiological wing of the medical industry (CDC included) to analyze and catalog a new term for those citizens who find it enjoyable to simply target shoot and have any desire to own a firearm. They have found their golden goose in the "shooters"......period.  It will become a medical condition that carries a subliminal destructive psychosis tied to a gene that must be treated and in the end purged from the human gene bank. Clearly, little boys that love their squirt guns are afflicted with this obsolete gene.  This is the new "civilized"  society being created before your eyes. You cant stop them legislatively..... they have been and will be bought. In time, even the courts will be called on to "save" us all from the violent ones.  Just as the mandates on vaccinations are saving us ....... they will now do far more with their finger on the electronic thought waves of humanity.  Enter Revelation 9:18.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, battleop said:

I thought I was going to end up with a handy list of companies to stop doing business with.  By the time I finished reading the list I realized there wasn't as single company on the list we do business with.

I had that same issue. I did't see any business listed I do business with now or in the past!!!

7 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I had that same issue. I did't see any business listed I do business with now or in the past!!!

You never know who might be next.

What if UPS and FedEx decided they wouldn't ship guns or ammo anymore? THAT would be a game changer for sure. Could enough popular and political pressure be exerted to make that happen the next time the Dems get the triumvirate?

There's already a taste of that, in that neither will knowingly ship firearms between non-licensed folks. Indeed, for some time now, there is actually no legal way to ship a handgun between unlicensed individual people period, even though doing such intrastate is legal federally.

- OS

• Like 5
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Oh Shoot said:

You never know who might be next.

What if UPS and FedEx decided they wouldn't ship guns or ammo anymore? THAT would be a game changer for sure. Could enough popular and political pressure be exerted to make that happen the next time the Dems get the triumvirate?

There's already a taste of that, in that neither will knowingly ship firearms between non-licensed folks. Indeed, for some time now, there is actually no legal way to ship a handgun between unlicensed individual people period, even though doing such intrastate is legal federally.

- OS

Sometimes I think we should just post crazy ideas on the Internet to give them ideas, but then I snap out of it and realize they've probably already thought of it.

12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Sometimes I think we should just post crazy ideas on the Internet to give them ideas, but then I snap out of it and realize they've probably already thought of it.

“They” are not stupid contrary to some people’s beliefs.  Frankly, I’m astounded that what OS referred to has not already happened.

• Like 3

That ain't gonna happen Garufa. Ups and Fedex like all the money they make shipping guns and all the hazmat fee's they collect on powder and primers. I have been thinking of contacting the CEO with Dollar General and tell him that the market is ready to go for them to sell ammo and maybe guns too. They would need bigger buildings and a full-time employee at the gun counter. That would serve Wally World for getting out of the business. Plus having the headquarters in Goodlettsville would be even better.

Gun folks need to breath some life into the younger generations. Education and right wing air time that has had some thought put into it. The left is just waiting on us to die so they can protect those that remain to death. The left also knows there is no changing our old asses and the young people flock to them because there is no structure and few rules. When they wake up in the real world with a couple kids of their own and a bunch of bills to pay they start getting particular about where their tax dollars go and after that they consider individual rights.  Sunfish    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 9/13/2019 at 9:17 AM, battleop said:

I thought I was going to end up with a handy list of companies to stop doing business with.  By the time I finished reading the list I realized there wasn't as single company on the list we do business with.

If you include companies they invest in, the list gets much longer.  Look at the companies of Bain Capital:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital

(scroll down to the pictures at the bottom for a quick view)

Edited by billmeek