Speaker Kent Williams speaks out on new gun proposals

This is smart logic....it is not safe to carry in a city park but it is in a state park? Who cares if someone has a permit/license. The thugs carry everywhere without paying any fee to the government.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above average intelligence is not a requirement to hold elective office in the State of Tennessee.

Apparently even AVERAGE intelligence is not a requirement for elected office in TN, as demonstrated by this bonehead Williams.

Edited by res308

After reading around a bit, I hadn't realized just what a backstabber this Williams is. It should pose no surprise that he would waffle and double-speak on gun issues.

I have yet to figure out why governments can't figure out that its not the people that go through the trouble to have permits that they need to be worried about. Its the people that carry illegally that are the problem.

I have yet to figure out why governments can't figure out that its not the people that go through the trouble to have permits that they need to be worried about. Its the people that carry illegally that are the problem.

I think most of the folks in government know that very well. But, to paraphrase Jeffrey Snyder in "A Nation of Cowards," the random havoc caused by murderers, rapists, and thugs is less of a threat to them than an armed populace prepared to defend themselves.

Here is a link for those who would like to read it:

http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html

Guest jackdog
I think most of the folks in government know that very well. But, to paraphrase Jeffrey Snyder in "A Nation of Cowards," the random havoc caused by murderers, rapists, and thugs is less of a threat to them than an armed populace prepared to defend themselves.

Here is a link for those who would like to read it:

http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html

+1000

As a Libertarian I said long before this election that we are in as much danger from Republicans as we are from Democrats. It's just that the Democrats are more up front about it. The Republicans are just as likely to take our rights away, they just don't admit to doing it. The Democrats do it and brag about it, the Republicans do it and lie about it. Either way elected officials as a group are not our friends. I am not liberal and I was a Republican for 20 + years, but I am not any more trusting of the red than I am of the blue! I look at the voting history and philosophy of the individual, not their party affiliation.