Has anyone participated in a gun control poll recently?

Will Carry

If a name that I want to talk with doesn’t show up as the caller; it goes to voicemail and most don't leave messages. So no, I don’t get polled.

Do your own polls. Ask your friends, family and co-workers “Do you think people should have to pass a background check to purchase a firearm?” Your results will be different than from a gun forum. I don’t know what the number will be, but most will say “Yes”, and many will say they thought that was already the case. No special wording or manipulation of the question is required.

However, we have been shown the accuracies of polls. If you are curious you need look no farther than 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

• Like 2

Like Dave, If I get a call and their name is not in my phonebook and shows up on the phone I don't answer them. I have had a few friends call and their number didn't show up so they would send me a text telling me who it was and thats their new number and I would call them back and update my phone book. The problem with me doing a poll of my own I would be very hard pressed to find someone I know that is not a gun owner...........JMHO

• Like 2
7 hours ago, bersaguy said:

The problem with me doing a poll of my own I would be very hard pressed to find someone I know that is not a gun owner...........JMHO

That’s fine, they are claiming the high numbers are gun owners. “Gun Control” is a wide array of things, with numbers that high I would guess the OP is talking about requiring background checks for all gun sales.

A few years ago I was called by someone conducting a political poll.
It was just before the 2016 election.

I answered their questions, and then a few days later I was called again for another political poll.
As the questions began, I immediately recognized them as the same questions that were asked the last time.

I stopped the lady on the other end of the line and informed her that I had already answered these questions just a few days before. Then I asked her how the hell their data would be accurate if they polled the same people over and over.

She said she'd check into it, apologized and hung up.
They never called again.

1 hour ago, DL126 said:

A few years ago I was called by someone conducting a political poll.
It was just before the 2016 election.

I answered their questions, and then a few days later I was called again for another political poll.
As the questions began, I immediately recognized them as the same questions that were asked the last time.

I stopped the lady on the other end of the line and informed her that I had already answered these questions just a few days before. Then I asked her how the hell their data would be accurate if they polled the same people over and over.

She said she'd check into it, apologized and hung up.
They never called again.

Asking the same set of people the same set of questions over time is good science. Not necessarily what happened in your case, but a group doing this might be trying to gauge the impact of an ad that has been run during the time between the two polls, or simply to get an idea of attitude shift over time.

The problem with polls, besides being way too easy rig with the right questions, is that it's simply people's opinion. When you are asking people about policy and complex issues, I would say close to 99% have absolutely no clue about what they are being polled about. I would love to see a poll done where after they poll they give an education about the issues and repoll to see how much it changes.

• Like 1

Never. I have had "Political" polling, but nothing about the 2nd Amendment or the insane nonsensical madness that is the idea known as "Gun Control". Gun control is hitting what you're aiming at, carrying and caring for your gun.
They likely know my opinions as I have Fakebook and Youtube. Both leftist control companies.