Wants Vv Needs - TX 22 ordered

PAULSHOOT

TAURUS TX22 (black) @ SportsmanOutdoorSuperstore $219.99 FREE Ship Plus $50 Rebate

I have been thinking about the TX 22 Pistol since it first became available. Retail is $349, been selling $289 for some time, also saw $259.
Add in tax (near 10% in TN),  background, etc. I was not willing to pay the price as DON'T need another 22 Pistol anyway (even with the $50 Rebate, good for purchases thru Sept 30 from TAURUS). 

The KEY Wording  "Not Need - Maybe Want". LOL

Very good reviews on this gun (U-Tube and Magazine Articles). Friend bought one and it's a shooter, I LIKE IT. 

Somehow, last Friday, I ran onto SportsmanOutdoorSuperstore web site (Ohio based). 

Price $219.99 (Black only) and FREE Shipping to my local FFL (Smoky Mtn Gun Ammo in Sevierville, TN). They charge $10 Fee and $10 background-= $20. 

So, net will be $219.99 plus $20 = $239.99 - $50 = $189.99.    WANT changed to a NEED, ordered it today. 
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, PAULSHOOT said:

TAURUS TX22 (black) @ SportsmanOutdoorSuperstore $219.99 FREE Ship Plus $50 Rebate

I have been thinking about the TX 22 Pistol since it first became available. Retail is $349, been selling $289 for some time, also saw $259.
Add in tax (near 10% in TN),  background, etc. I was not willing to pay the price as DON'T need another 22 Pistol anyway (even with the $50 Rebate, good for purchases thru Sept 30 from TAURUS). 

The KEY Wording  "Not Need - Maybe Want". LOL

Very good reviews on this gun (U-Tube and Magazine Articles). Friend bought one and it's a shooter, I LIKE IT. 

Somehow, last Friday, I ran onto SportsmanOutdoorSuperstore web site (Ohio based). 

Price $219.99 (Black only) and FREE Shipping to my local FFL (Smoky Mtn Gun Ammo in Sevierville, TN). They charge $10 Fee and $10 background-= $20. 

So, net will be $219.99 plus $20 = $239.99 - $50 = $189.99.    WANT changed to a NEED, ordered it today. 

I've been told many times I don't need the number of guns I own, but WANT frequently overrules need.

Edited by tnhawk

Thanks for sharing. Anyone know of a similar priced FFL in middle TN for transfers?  The ones I have used in the past have closed. 

I used my google skills and found one for around $20 plus BC and I’m good with that. 

Edited by Rebels010
4 hours ago, billyblazes said:

If this deal came with a threaded adapter to allow a suppressor to be attached, I'd jump on it.  I am not a fan of Taurus in general, but I have heard good things about this gun.  My current .22 suppressor host is a M&P 22.  I like it, but only a 10 round magazine.

Interesting. I thought all of them came with the adapter but this product does mentioned the threaded barrel, but not adapter. I have emailed them to confirm what does come with the pistol. 

Edited by Rebels010
12 hours ago, billyblazes said:

If this deal came with a threaded adapter to allow a suppressor to be attached, I'd jump on it.  I am not a fan of Taurus in general, but I have heard good things about this gun.  My current .22 suppressor host is a M&P 22.  I like it, but only a 10 round magazine.

Comes with two MAGS and Adapter (Standard procedure on TX22). 

Can get 10 rd for TX22 if in a state that limits. 

PS: To Rebels010  -

My GSG 1911 22LR did not come with an adapter and only one MAG (had to fork out $$ for another MAG).  And it was $239.99 plus tax and background.  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
52 minutes ago, PAULSHOOT said:

Comes with two MAGS and Adapter (Standard procedure on TX22). 

Can get 10 rd for TX22 if in a state that limits. 

PS: To Rebels010  -

My GSG 1911 22LR did not come with an adapter and only one MAG (had to fork out $$ for another MAG).  And it was $239.99 plus tax and background.  

Cool. I ordered it yesterday and looking forward to getting it in. 

• Like 1
On 9/18/2019 at 9:14 AM, billyblazes said:

They confirmed it does in fact come with a thread adapter. Hoping mine ships soon. 

Got one. It came compressor ready. Gun is made well, functions well. It ain't broke, don't fix it. Only problem I had was finding extra mags. At the time they were hard to find. Now you can  find them everywhere for about $18.

As of this morning, 9-24-19, order still being processed (not shipped). Ordered 9-16-2019. 

No Problem: They warn that shipping takes 7 business days or more.   

I recently had an E Mail from RK (Rural King) for $219.99 (said in store also or ship to store FREE - we have RKs close by Knoxville area).  Add TN Sales Tax (near 10% in TN) and Background Check ($10)  = Estimate a bit less that $249.99. Not sure how long the RK deal lasts.    

$239.99 for my deal (out the the door), but could walk out of RK with it for $10 more (and INSPECT the Gun in store).

It is easier to inspect and refuse a gun in store VS a shipping deal to FFL. You can refuse the gun if obvious flaw with the shipping deal when you go to pick it up but it gets a bit complicated.  

1 hour ago, PAULSHOOT said:

It is easier to inspect and refuse a gun in store VS a shipping deal to FFL. You can refuse the gun if obvious flaw with the shipping deal when you go to pick it up but it gets a bit complicated.  

I would never refuse a gun from my transfer FFL. He’s getting $20 for doing the transfer; that’s it. I would have to deal with MFG, or the seller, depending on what the problem is. So yes, if you want to inspect a gun prior to buying you need to wait until your LGS has one.

I got an M&P with a terrible trigger doing that. But I’ve done it several times since. :)

By The Way, think I made an error on the price I posted on the RK sale of TX22.  

The $219.99 price was AFTER the $50 Rebate. So their price was actually $259.99.

And, my guess is since they do have stores in TN, you would pay TN Sales Tax (like near 10% - call it $25) and Background Check ($10 more) =  $295 (round off) and then get $50 back on rebate = $245. :-(  

On 9/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, hipower said:

Guys, GrabAGun has the TX 22 on sale today for 209. They actually say 159, but of course that's after the 50 Taurus rebate. Still in stock as of 10 min ago.

That be good if FREE Shipping and No Sales Tax. 

Picked mine up today, 09-28-2019, after Smoky Mtn Gun & Ammo notified me it was Ready To Pick Up. FED X had notified me they delivered it on 09-27-2019 at 9:15AM.  

09-28-2019 1st Shoot of the new TX22 at friends range.

Tried 3 different AMMOs: Shot the Aquilla 1135 FPS first (think that is when I had the Fail to Load or might have been with the AQ 1255 FPS); Then shot the Aquila 1255 FPS; Then the BLAZER 1200 FPS; Then the Remington Thunderbolt 1235 FPS.

The Fail to Load had the bullet, projectile, lodged partly in barrel and the case at feed ramp. The bullet was knocked out of alignment with the case ( guess when slide closed on things). Other than that worked OK with all three AMMOS, accurate considering my shooting skills (ain't an expert).

I have a picture of the targets, can't post pictures as site will not let me. GROAN

I did post  on a Taurus Forum. 

• Like 1
My Fun Sunday (2nd shoot with the TX22) was 160 rounds with New Toy (130 were Thunderbolt, 1235 FPS, 15 Blazer, 1200FPS, and 15 Aquila,1255 FPS). I had one fail to feed and forget with what AMMO, think the Thunderbolt.

130 rounds of the 160 was Thunderbolt (cause it's cheap mostly $14.30 include tax for 500 rounds).  

My goal was to see accuracy between the TX22, GSG 1911, and GSG Firefly and to see how the 3 AMMOS would run. Overall, I am satisfied - accuracy between the guns is dependent on shooter (My wiggles and trigger pull). I don't have a hard mount to set a pistol into to check accuracy.

I stood with hands against a post for 50 foot target. I also shot from kneeling with hands on a table. And, did some 21 and 30 foot free aim, and some Point / Sort of Aim Quick and Shoot.

Someone left a big target - I patched it and shot at 30 feet as first shoot to get an idea of what the gun and me would do using a bigger target. LOL   Not bad for an Old 81 yr old rascal.

I am satisfied with the gun especially at $219.99 plus $20 in fees, and -$50 rebate.

Not all is perfect -- There are reports on TAURUS Forum about barrel Issues (think TAURUS is using a new supplier and getting better barrels). Also, problems with the aluminum slide where the recoil spring sits in the front of the slide (putting gauges in the slide and one guy had a crack develop, TAURUS replaced the slide).  Talking 1000s of rounds (like 3000 and 5000).  

I posted Target Pictures from Sunday shoot on the TAURUS Forum (not allowed to post pictures here - some limit MSG comes up when I do). GROAN

HMMM !!! Just found out I could Copy the picture from an E Mail I sent and paste it here. 
thumbnail?appId=aolloki&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=10&scope=DWEB

I did some tests at 50 foot (supported gun against a post to check my results with three different guns.  
thumbnail?appId=aolloki&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=5&scope=DWEB

I did some rear sight adjustment (windage), it was set full left out of the box, I ended back at near full left. That said, not sure I have it dialed in (my ability comes into question LOL). Here are a few pictures after messing with adjustment.
thumbnail?appId=aolloki&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=6&scope=DWEB

Some aimed here (first 6 rounds) - then more of a point and shoot.
thumbnail?appId=aolloki&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=9&scope=DWEB

Finally, at 50 foot again from Kneeling position and gun hand supported on a table. Three different AMMOs. My guess is windage pretty well set based on the last two pictures from above and the one below ( my shooting - some off to L or R, and some low, not too many high ones).  
thumbnail?appId=aolloki&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3&scope=DWEB

Edited by PAULSHOOT
On 10/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, hughd said:

:shrug:

AGREE --- Funny, last time I looked, I saw images, now I see thumbnails. Beats Me.

I give up, only site I get on that seems to have limit on images (or was told some special procedure to use -- I tried that once and got lost in the procedure).

I am only 50% maybe 75% TECHIE, so give up. 

I finally got to shoot mine yesterday and I was very pleased.

It stove piped the first round and then ran flawless until about 500 rounds in. I got a couple of round that didn’t ignite. Could be ammo, could be a dirty chamber at that point. Shot Winchester M22, CCI minimags and CCI SV. The round that didn’t fire were the Winchester’s. They would fire the second or third time.

For a 22 trainer for my Glock, fun gun for my kids or new shooters, it’s hit. Mags were easy to load and the trigger was great. Loved the short reset.  

My normal rule has always been friends don’t let friends buy Taurus, but I would recommend this one. Liked it much better than my Ruger SR22 too. Next time I’m going to run it suppressed to see how it does. Was at a public range so a can is pointless there IMHO. 

• Like 1