Handgun Carry Permit Database

Guest RedDog

Im not in there either. Someone needs to get us the papers editors and or owner address's and email add. and we could send them nice notes that we have their address also.

Im not in there either. Someone needs to get us the papers editors and or owner address's and email add. and we could send them nice notes that we have their address also.

Well, here's a start - http://www.commercialappeal.com/staff/

Joseph Pepe: http://www.assessor.shelby.tn.us/PropertySearchDetail.aspx?id=G0232D%20B00042&ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.assessor.shelby.tn.us%2fPropertySearch.aspx%3fStreetNumber%3d%26StreetName%3d%26FirstName%3d%26LastName%3dpepe%26ParcelID%3d%26Business%3d

Scott Sines: http://www.assessor.shelby.tn.us/PropertySearchDetail.aspx?id=G0231W%20C00110&ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.assessor.shelby.tn.us%2fPropertySearch.aspx%3fStreetNumber%3d%26StreetName%3d%26FirstName%3d%26LastName%3dsines%26ParcelID%3d%26Business%3d

See how easy it is? I'm only assuming these are the same president and managing editor of the CA.

Edited by Garufa
All the people I know are in there.

I am not at all pleased that the Comical Appeal has made it this easy to search the database.

My letter to the President and Editor...

Mr. Pepe,

It has recently come to my attention, as well as the attention of 1000's of permit holders across the state, that your newspaper has a database of all handgun permit holders in the state.

Now I understand that this is legal to do, but I pose this question to you, Does that make it right?

My decision to carry a firearm for self-defense is a private decision that I do not share with most people. Especially the general public and the scourge of Memphis,TN.

I would like a response as to why the Commercial Appeal feels that this information should be made available. I would also like to assure you that myself and thousands of others will be working to change the laws to ensure this information is private. I will also be personally working with everyone in the firearms industry to ensure that every permit holder knows this information is so easily obtained on your site.

I should remind you that Shelby County has the highest number of permits in the state. I wonder how many of your customers are permit holders? I wonder how many will cancel their subscriptions?

I look forward to reading your response.

I am not in there, but I just got my permit a few months back.

As for the list itself, I would wager that we would stand a better chance lobbying our lawmakers than trying to talk to the manager of this website... he probably thinks he is doing the public a service.

My letter to the President and Editor...

An excellent start. But if you don't mind my critique, I'll offer it. :D

Leave out the word "Scourge". Also you may want to add something to the effect that permit holders are the most law-abiding cititzens who care about protecting themselves per Tennesse state law and that common criminals cannot get HCP permits. Furthermore, you (we) don't appreciate having gun ownership advertised due to the simple fact that criminals are out to steal guns and could use such a "feature" your website to "target" homes. Not that they read, especially the internet.

Just a suggestion.

An excellent start. But if you don't mind my critique, I'll offer it. :D

Leave out the word "Scourge". Also you may want to add something to the effect that permit holders are the most law-abiding cititzens who care about protecting themselves per Tennesse state law and that common criminals cannot get HCP permits. Furthermore, you (we) don't appreciate having gun ownership advertised due to the simple fact that criminals are out to steal guns and could use such a "feature" your website to "target" homes. Not that they read, especially the internet.

Just a suggestion.

I used scourge being nice lol I kinda rattled it off and didn't feel like justifying myself to the guy. I just wanted him to know I was pissed and doing something about it.

If you dont mind Im going to copy and adjust and send it to his home address

Feel free and feel free to add or subtract. I'm gonna make sure every range and gun shop knows about this starting in the AM.