TN to MA and back to TN

Hello everyone, I just found his forum here and wanted to send a hello to the group.  I'm from Germantown, outside of Memphis...ended up in MA outside of Boston for about 18 years with work, and after the divorce, decided I had to move back home.  I'm lucky that my job allows me to pretty much work anywhere....the cost of living was too much up there...

I've been shooting since I was a kid, I still have the Winchester 190 my grandfather passed down to me when I was 6.  

Up in MA, I was on the BOD of my gun club for over 10 years.  I was active with GOAL (the local gun activist group in MA) and the protecting our rights up in MA, and I'm a Life Member of the NRA.  I used to help with our club's Jr Marksmanship program, and got my kids involved when they were young.  You know, our future and all.

I don't really know much about what's going on here in TN anymore....so I figured this would be a good place to figure out laws, rights, issues that are important to us here in TN.  You want to know about gun laws in MA?  I can tell you all about them....here, not so much.  But that was because I taught for the State of MA and UT for ones CCW permits.  Had to take yearly law primers for MA law to keep up with what I needed to teach students to keep them out of trouble.  The laws up there are not friendly as all.  I also used to shoot SASS and have thought about getting into Three Gun or IDPA...but just never made the  jump.  haha

My current wife and I have moved from East Memphis to Germantown to get the little one back into good schools....so I'm going to be looking to sell a few things down the road that are just sitting around and taking up space in the house, garage, and my safes.

I look forward to meeting folks on here....and maybe I can make a few friends that have some good places to shoot.  I've only been out a few times in the few years I've been here...and only to the range in Bartlett.  I miss shooting outside as there just wasn't public ranges in MA...as most of you can imagine.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on and I look forward to meeting a few of you, learning, and getting back into being more active with the culture.

Edited by C-pher
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, billyblazes said:

I'm another MA transplant, kind of.  Born in Attleboro,  As soon as I graduated high school I moved to Florida.  As soon as I put in another year to three at my current job I plan to relocate in East TN

Nice, I lived in North Attleboro.  I miss Wendell’s and Tex Barry’s.  Haha. Other than my kids, that may be about it.  My office is in Waltham and I sure don’t miss the traffic...2 hours to go 20 miles.  Worse if the Pats were playing or if there was snow. 

I have family our in Knoxville and such...it’s beautiful out there.  Spent a lot of time plinking our in the woods of my Uncle’s land when I was a kid. 

On 9/22/2019 at 1:53 PM, Erich said:

Welcome back and thanks for sharing.

Coming from a small mag state when moving, plan for the expense of getting normal size mags ;)

One of the more pleasurable expenses.

Thank you!  Yes, it's nice to no longer have to worry about a preban magazine...and now I can get standard capacity mags without the "preban" markup!