Discrete case for Mossberg Shockwave

Looking for suggestions for a discrete carrying case for a Mossberg Shockwave (14" 12ga). Intended use is for traveling.  Something where the gun is really accessible while driving, yet not obvious if someone were to look into the vehicle.  Would also like the ability to throw it over my shoulder and walk into a hotel without raising suspicion.  

I'd like it as compact as possible, a violin case or tennis racket case is probably bigger than what I want.  I was thinking a pool cue case, but I'm not sure if that's big enough. 

While searching through the many suggestions here, Amazon popped this poster storage tube up.  At $20 it was just what I was looking for.  It just got here and is great!  I'll probably fill a small camera bag with extra ammo and attach it to the shoulder strap.  All I need now is a Bernie Sanders sticker to remove any doubt that there is anything of value inside. 

Now you see it

0oa8D0h_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Now you don't

tp1EeH1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 7
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

While searching through the many suggestions here, Amazon popped this poster storage tube up.  At $20 it was just what I was looking for.  It just got here and is great!  I'll probably fill a small camera bag with extra ammo and attach it to the shoulder strap.  All I need now is a Bernie Sanders sticker to remove any doubt that there is anything of value inside. 

Now you see it

Now you don't

I like the looks of it. Think I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, 10-Ring said:

Now you see it

Now you don't

Ebay has them for $20.00 with free shipping so i ordered one for my 20 gauge.

Bill

• 3 months later...
On 10/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, 10-Ring said:

Now you see it

Now you don't

that's great! I made my own version of the Mossberg "just in case" using a 4" pvc tube and caps. Kinda like a locking well cap. Wish I had seen this post sooner and not wasted time making my own beat up looking tube! 

AF09B18B-C742-4358-BAAC-6CE6DE392818.jpeg

On 10/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, 10-Ring said:

Now you see it

Now you don't

is this it? Ideally I would like to find a way to have a quick releasing locking cap to keep my 4 year old out, so I can keep it under the bed. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303304268939

3 hours ago, bmoorelive said:

is this it? Ideally I would like to find a way to have a quick releasing locking cap to keep my 4 year old out, so I can keep it under the bed. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303304268939

Thanks for the post. I've been looking at the 2 tubes Amazon has available and considering them. I believe you just made up my mind. lol

Actually just realized you said ebay. I'' compare them.

Edited by hipower