Erich

Sig releases new P365 version: P365 SAS

A more carry-able carry gun. I have to hand it to them, did not rest on their laurels knowing the competition would respond.  I personally am a huge fan of factory ported guns and am glad to see it.  Sights would change your manual of arms potentially. Its interesting.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html?utm_campaign=P365SAS_LAUNCH&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

37 minutes ago, Erich said:

A more carry-able carry gun. I have to hand it to them, did not rest on their laurels knowing the competition would respond.  I personally am a huge fan of factory ported guns and am glad to see it.  Sights would change your manual of arms potentially. Its interesting.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html?utm_campaign=P365SAS_LAUNCH&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

Interesting. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one to see how well it fits in my big paws. I have a Slim 9 that I can throw in my back pocket, but it is pretty much a belly gun for me because of its size.

Interesting. I do like the SAS treatment and the sighting system, but would like to see(and try) one firsthand.

I like the idea of it but I wont buy the newer Sig guns. Their quality has went down hill very badly in my opinion. The new Hellcat by S.A. sounds way better.

23 hours ago, tercel89 said:

I like the idea of it but I wont buy the newer Sig guns. Their quality has went down hill very badly in my opinion. The new Hellcat by S.A. sounds way better.

I doubt you are are the only one who feels that way about Sig.  I've had no problems out of my P365, though, and have had several of Springfield's striker fired XD models crap out on me.  Hopefully the Hellcat is a totally new animal and more reliable.

I am going to be skeptical of it until I see some long-range reliability results.  It appears that SA still outsourced this to HS Produkt in Croatia.

image.png

I like the way they truly incorporated the sights into the slide.

The porting is probably a good idea; any ill effects if shooting from compressed positions and/or entangled?

I've shot my 23C/32C off the draw / low compressed with some high pressure and flash rounds without much of a problem. Cant thing of a great reason to do it from high. Played with rotation a bit. The ports in this appear smaller than the factory Glock ports, so not sure if that ends up slightly high focused pressure vs less overall. I would venture to say its less overall based on the ports being fairly forward keeping the dwell time similar with more gas going forward.

The only downside I could see would be arguments against for nightstand gun in dark lighting for certain ammo that used a high flash powder. Should not be a problem with a good SD or even most target  ammo. I have shot my 19C, 23C, 32C, and 20C with various loads in dark lighting for that purpose. 9mm generally pretty acceptable. Its a problem for 357Sig and 10mm unless you get some SD or LE ammo. Speer is really good about using low to no flash stuff for 357Sig for example.  

• Like 1