Nashville/M-Boro BBQ???

BBQ????  

11 members have voted

1. 1. BBQ????

• Yes, no range time for me though. I am broke
    • Yes, lets tie up every shooting station at GCUSA or On Target.
    • Nope, noobs are not allowed to host a show and tell.

Would really like to meet some of you guys in person, thinking maybe get some of us together for a BBQ. BTW, thinking about my place instead of public, in case any of you would like to show off your toys. (NO LOADED WEAPONS unless it does not come out of the holster, I am inside metro limits so we would not be shooting here, but if we arranged it right, we might be able to hit Gun City USA or another range for a little shooting.) I am thinking, maybe a potluck side/dessert type thing and I could take care of the burgers and dogs.

Anyways, sorry for the longwinded post but LMK....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm open to shooting at On-Target... That's where I usually go, anyways. I don't care too much for Gun City.

Enticing me with food is a good way to get me out of the house... and, my wife (RedHead_1911) makes some killer buffalo-wings, if you're nice to her on here she might grace us with one of her excellent dishes...

honey?

:)

The last weekend of July, or anytime in August would be okay with me... I think there's already a meetup planned in Chattanooga for the 3rd weekend of July, and there is a Tullahoma meetup (with class III toys) TBA.

Welcome!

Guest tjbert47

I'm up for a meet and or shoot thing. But I don't go to Gun City for anything. I prefer going where I fill welcome. And am not treated like an idiot by idiots.

Tom in TN

I'm open to shooting at On-Target... That's where I usually go, anyways. I don't care too much for Gun City.

Enticing me with food is a good way to get me out of the house... and, my wife (RedHead_1911) makes some killer buffalo-wings, if you're nice to her on here she might grace us with one of her excellent dishes...

honey?

:shhh:

The last weekend of July, or anytime in August would be okay with me... I think there's already a meetup planned in Chattanooga for the 3rd weekend of July, and there is a Tullahoma meetup (with class III toys) TBA.

Welcome!

suuure;) I'll make the hot wings if everyone wants to organize a get together

Guest VandyZ
OK, I guess G-C is out, but maybe On-Target.... Anybody know if they have any weapons available for rent? I will not be buying my 1911 until mid fall.

Well given enough notice I would be in on something.

+1 on Anti G-C

I have only been to on target once and they did have rental guns back then. If I am there you are more than welcome to use any of my firearms if you have your own ammo. I only shoot one at a time. :shhh:

OK, I guess G-C is out, but maybe On-Target.... Anybody know if they have any weapons available for rent? I will not be buying my 1911 until mid fall.

They have several weapons for rent (mostly Glocks)... but even some class III stuff. Plus, I'm sure that you'll get to shoot some of the guns which the rest of us bring.

Guest ETS_Inc

I'm in. I'll even bring food, as well as guns. (Did I mention that in addition to being a Class 2 manufacturer, I am a school-trained chef?)

I won't be able to make it any Saturday during July before 5-6pm, as I'll be either at a gun show (14/15 at the fairgrounds), or teaching a permit class. If we could do it on a Sunday, or after 6 on Saturday, that'd be great.

Gun Sh*tty is the worst place to go shooting in the world. On Target is much better. And, yes, On Target does have rental weapons, including several machineguns. (The Uzi that they have used to be mine, until I sold it to them.) If the BBQ is held on Sunday, and includes a trip to On Target, they do not allow rifle or shotgun calibers to be fired, due to a Murfreesboro city ordinance. Any other day of the week, you can pretty much shoot whatever you desire.

Once plans get finalized, let me know, and I'll try my best to work it into my schedule.

(Oh, and if it's held within city limits, can we shoot in the backyard if we do it vewwy, vewwy, quietly? :shhh::D )

Vandy, Thank you much!!!! Do you by any chance have a 1911 clone or 1911 orig? LMK what you have so I can get some ammo. I wanna plan this around the class 3 demo HeroGear is doing so as soon as they announce a date, I will announce on shortly after.

Ummmm.... As far as the very very quitely thing.... Let me think.... OK, decision made. NO!!! I really do not need a perforated pitbull. I guess now I need to build my 55 gallon grill that I have had in the works! BTW, lawn chairs are great if anyone has any, as I only have seating for around 6-8 in the sunroom, but have a large backyard that we can all hang in if we get enough lawnchairs.

Guest ETS_Inc

Ok, no shooting in the backyard. :( (Just messing with you, bro. I wouldn't want you or anyone else to get into trouble.) Do you have a basement? :shhh::D (Again, I kid.)

Vandy, Thank you much!!!! Do you by any chance have a 1911 clone or 1911 orig? LMK what you have so I can get some ammo. I wanna plan this around the class 3 demo HeroGear is doing so as soon as they announce a date, I will announce on shortly after.

FYI;

If you are thinking of getting in the 1911 game, we stock around 2 dozen at all times, and between Dan, Sam, and myself, we own A TON that you are welcoem to take out and shoot.

We will make sure to bring a bunch to the Class III demo day for you to fondle and shoot.

Guest VandyZ

No sadly I dont. Sounds like there might be a few provided other members :D

I would bring my Glock 23C (.40), Sig P245 (.45), Taurus (9mm), and maybe the browning (.22). Any of which you would be welcome to try.

If it were approved I would bring the AR-15, but its not as fun to shoot on a pistol range, but still satisfying to pop off a few clips. :shhh:

Guest ETS_Inc

If the shooting is done at On Target, on any day other than Sunday, you can shoot your AR. Heck, you know that Barret .50 you've had your eye on? They'd probably let you shoot that, as well.

ETS, I know you were kidding... Just a little smartness of my own....

Hero Gear, would you be attending the BBQ?

Also, to all what would you guys think of going to the Hobson Pike public range? I have heard they are decent and MUCH less expensive than On Target as well as being weather protected outdoors so you do not need lead free ammo.

BBQ sounds good, I would like to put faces with the names on this board. Depending on how many people is going, maybe we could go to Gallatin Gun Club, ( sorry no full auto stuff there ), but it does have a 300 yard rifle range.

Well, being the newest guy here, I could probably attend. I travel some, so dates would dictate. My mom live in Tullahoma and I live in Clarksville so the Nashville/M'boro area would work well for me.

I have a LARGE tow behind the truck SMOKER. It takes about 5 hours for ribs, but I would be willing to drag it up and smoke'em if everyone is up for it.

Well guys, looks like this thing is on. Which range would you guys prefer? Public or OT? LMK, and Hero Gear, PLEASE let us know on the date of the C3 demo, as my BBQ is going to be planned around this event. Also, wives are invited. I do not have a problem with well behaved teens either, as long as they know how to safely handle a firearm (Do not need a curiosity mishap on my property.) and NO alchohol on this one, as I am gonna be shooting, and everyone else is driving as well as shooting.

BTW, I DO own (Or am owned by) a pitbull mix, he is friendly, but do not TOUCH my wife or I (Handshake or otherwise) within reach of his run. You can pet, play fetch, scratch, or anything else, but touch one of us, and I will NOT pay your hospital bills. This is just a friendly warning of my automatic security system, not a scare tactic, and I truly hope none of you is prejudiced towards correctly treated pitties. Anyways, enough disclaimers and fine print. ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!!!

Just like any weapon, they come with responsibility... I'll bear your caution in mind.

I don't pay vet bills either though... :eek:

I'm sure there won't be any issues... most of the PBs that I have met were relatively sweet dogs, just wound-up a bit tight when it came to their territory and owners. I love 'real' dogs, can't stand ankle-biters...

I love 'real' dogs, can't stand ankle-biters...

If its smaller or the same size as my cat, then it is NOT a dog. I'm sure Wrenchead's pit bull qualifies, though!

He IS a REAL dog, with a REAL big sore on his back this evening. He had a hot spot come up Mon that before I could get him to the vet today got to be the size of a dollar bill. Now he has a bald spot bigger than my dads... And that is saying something!!!

Anyways, who is going to be there? Need a count of approximate numbers so I can figure how much meat to buy, etc. I will announce a date as soon as we hear from HG.