Groundhogs

5 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

You won't kill Opossums? :stick:

No, I knock them off the fence to the other side, or run them out of the yard, so my dog doesn’t get into it with them.

Several years ago, my last dog got skunked. And then him and my wife ran in the house. I don’t ever want to go through that again. :panic:   So I’ll be okay with killin’ them.

7 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

No, I knock them off the fence to the other side, or run them out of the yard, so my dog doesn’t get into it with them.

Several years ago, my last dog got skunked. And then him and my wife ran in the house. I don’t ever want to go through that again. :panic:   So I’ll be okay with killin’ them.

You do mean skunks, right? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I’ve caught two squirrels; man, they get down right pizzed off. This guy wasn’t very happy either. But still no Groundhog.

rEkz36T.jpg

Years ago when we lived in the land of mickey mouse (Orlando surburb), wife started feeding a few of the backyard squirrels some pnuts from the store.  Thought it was fun and they were cute how they would "sneak" up to get one from the pile she put out for them everyday.  One day she ran out of pnuts, squirrels got PO'd in the worst way.  Tore the screen (chewed a hole in it) on the screened in porch, ransacked the patio furniture, knick knacks, etc., would hang onto the screening material and chat up a storm at us (cussed us out really).  Pretty funny until I busted one with a pellet rifle and left it out in the yard.  No more squirrels around our house anymore.  Wife wouldn't go outside for a week or two, and felt bad because she neglected the squirrels.  I felt bad because I had to fix the screening material.    GL with your endeavor.  

• Haha 3

Ground hogs are very good eating. I grew up eating them and hunted them a lot. If I get  a chance to get one in the cross hairs of my Marlin 60 I will be eating high on the hog again. I have a buddy that said he will cook it on his smoker for me if I get one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Ground hogs are very good eating. I grew up eating them and hunted them a lot. If I get  a chance to get one in the cross hairs of my Marlin 60 I will be eating high on the hog again. I have a buddy that said he will cook it on his smoker for me if I get one.

:puke:

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
49 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I’d be down to try it. As far as I’m concerned any meat producing critter has the potential to end up as dinner. 

• Like 2

We have a ground hog that occasionally scoots under our deck when we go outside. A few minutes later, he'll poke his head out and look around. 

The entertainment value of watching this little guy waddle/run across our yard far exceeds any entertainment value I'd get from shooting him. 

52 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The only way to build a strong immune system is to exercise it. 😂

I had botulism when I was in the service and they told me I could die from it. . Its one of those things that make you absolutely sure you aren’t 10 foot tall and bullet proof. I won’t even eat Deer meat; I don’t care who processed it. For me; that’s rational. :)

And on top of that Deer killed in Tennessee have to be submitted to see if they are infected with CWD a disease that is absolutely fatal to the deer, but they don’t think humans can contract it. Yeah right…

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I had botulism when I was in the service and they told me I could die from it. . Its one of those things that make you absolutely sure you aren’t 10 foot tall and bullet proof. I won’t even eat Deer meat; I don’t care who processed it. For me; that’s rational. :)

And on top of that Deer killed in Tennessee have to be submitted to see if they are infected with CWD a disease that is absolutely fatal to the deer, but they don’t think humans can contract it. Yeah right…

IF the gubberment says it's safe, then it's safe......right???🙄

We've had a groundhog living in the back of our yard for a couple years, the wife decided that he's a pet and named him Henry. I haven't minded too much having a "pet" that I didn't have to feed or clean up after, and it pretty much keeps to the back wooded area and has left the lawn alone. Last year Henry got pretty fat and it turned out Henry was actually a Henrietta, who dropped off a few dismounts.  Not sure what happened to all the little ones but Henrietta is still out and about almost every day. There will be hell to pay from the wife and kids if anything ever happens to it as they will think I had something to do with it 😬.

• Haha 1