Guns And Self Defense

pop pop

I Just finished reading a book written and published in 2019, by Robert A Waters, and his son Sim Waters. It is a story of 23 self defense cases, over the time period of 2005 to 2016. The reason given for it not being later than 2016 is it takes several months/years to get the full and complete story about criminal cases and do the research on them.  All of these cases were where the citizen used a gun to successfully defend his life with a satisfactory ending.

What amazes me about everyone of these cases is how extreme these fights are to be able to survive the encounter. I mean when one is in a fight for your life, one usually starts behind the curve and has to react to aggression immediately.

In most of these cases, there was a time lapse, on the victims part, to get into a defensive mindset, and come to the conclusion, hey! I need to be fighting for my life here. It appears to me that that one fact gets these 23 people into a life death struggle very fast.

In fairness to the book, one account was a concealed carrier coming up on a traffic stop gone really bad. Unlike the numerous people watching the beat down, this guy acted. That citizen never hesitated to do his best to stop the perp from beating the young officer to death with his hands. The downed officer begged the citizen to end the fight. He was successful, but it took 3 shots from a 40 caliber handgun before the perp relented, and later passed.

They all were not like the movies, guys. It was a good read and very informative about the 23 crime stories of survival with firearms.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...