Things Just Got Interesting at the ATF and the DOJ!

If you remember back about 5 years ago, 80% AR receivers were becoming a big thing, until the ATF raided a “distributor” in California for selling them to convicted felons and others not allowed to own firearms and for having “building parties” for these receivers. He walked this week, after the Judge in the case threatened to come down with a ruling that would have made it all but impossible for the ATF to do their job. 

I’m not going to copy and past the whole article. You all are smart enough to follow the link and read it for yourselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/us/ar-15-guns-law-atf-invs/index.html

• Like 2

"The necessary result of this would be that the unregulated parts could be manufactured, sold, and combined with other commercially available parts to create completed, un-serialized firearms which would not be subject to background checks, and which would be untraceable," the prosecutors wrote. "Defendant's interpretation would mean that nearly every semi-automatic firearm could be purchased piece by piece with no regulation or background check before a prohibited person would have a firearm."

That’s not going to happen. The Dems will be falling all over themselves to get legislation to stop this to the floor. Republicans would have to agree with it, and it would cause them to lose some far right voters.

The ATF has shown that they don’t have the intelligence to make decisions according to the law. So that needs to be left to Congress. Their decision on bump stocks showed they don’t have basic legal interpretation skills. So the Justice Department had to step in and  Trump lost some voters on the far right. Will it be enough to matter? Who knows, but this is just more of get Trump at any cost.

The economy was the #1 issue for Americans in the last election, and it was the #1 issue for Trump when he got in office.

The economy is headed in the right direction, and if it stays that way until the election it won’t be the main issue. The main issue for the Democrats will be guns, opening the border will be #2.

Should a Democrat be elected, especially one of the far-left idiots that is running now; we are toast. They will at the very least ban the sales of Semi-automatic firearms. Yeah, think about that. I would bet nothing is Grandfathered.

“Buy back”? They try to make it sound like they would pay you for your gun. I bet they would; they would give you a $25 gift card for your $1200 AR.

So…the dems would like to take away your right to defend yourself, and then allow violent criminals to cross the border.

They are so ignorant that they think they will be safe in their mansions and gated communities. When they were showing the demonstrators the other night in Minneapolis, I saw someone carrying a sign that said “EAT THE RICH”. How stupid is that??As someone that has dealt with many violent offenders, I don’t think the Dems are aware of what is in store for them if they get their way.

The SCOTUS will be the only protection we will have on gun control. But how long it would take them to act or what their decisions would be is anybody’s guess.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Should a Democrat be elected, especially one of the far-left idiots that is running now; we are toast. They will at the very least ban the sales of Semi-automatic firearms. Yeah, think about that. I would bet nothing is Grandfathered.

“Buy back”? They try to make it sound like they would pay you for your gun. I bet they would; they would give you a $25 gift card for your $1200 AR.

So…the dems would like to take away your right to defend yourself, and then allow violent criminals to cross the border.

I believe we are in for dark times ahead.

• Like 2

The media is corrupt and a bunch of liars, the schools are filling the next generations head's full of crap, big tech seems to be saturated with "educated" morons with no moral compass, and politicians are being politicians. It's a giant positive feedback loop set on self destruction... The only way out I can see is if they get too ballsy with their rhetoric and actions and shake a larger mass to their feet. Said differently, if they stop running a marathon and sprint for the finish line. Hopefully this will shake enough people to their core and slow, if not derail and discredit this entire agenda. If they maintain their slow boil strategy I am afraid they will win in the long run... 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Moped said:

I believe we are in for dark times ahead.

We are absolutely in for dark times. Look around at the number of people on this very forum that have said they won’t vote for Trump. No other Republican will be running, and no member of any other party will have a chance. I don’t like Trump as a person, but I think he has done a great job and is pro gun. Am I going to turn my back on him over a bump stock decision that he only had to make because some idiots at the BATF were allowed to be involved in decision making? Of course not.

• Like 5