1965 Peter's price list

Hi guys, was browsing and ran across this thought some of you would find it eye opening. Just a few tidbits. 30-30 retail $3.95, 30-06 retail $5.00, .300 win mag retail $6.30.

.22 short retail $0.70, 22LR retail $0.85 and .22 match was a whopping $1.30. Here is the link http://cartridgecollectors.org/content/catalogs/PETERS/Peters Catalogs/1965-Peters-4 Jan-Wholesale PL.pdf

Just for remembering the Good ole days. LOL I recall in about 1963 going to the western auto store and buying .22 shorts for $0.39, I was 11 at the time and nobody asked what the heck an 11 year old boy was doing buying dangerous ammunition!! I also carried a knife to school probably from about 3rd grade until today.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dirtshooter said:

Just for remembering the Good ole days. LOL I recall in about 1963 going to the western auto store and buying .22 shorts for $0.39, I was 11 at the time and nobody asked what the heck an 11 year old boy was doing buying dangerous ammunition!! I also carried a knife to school probably from about 3rd grade until today.

Of course no one asked. They knew you were going squirrel or rabbit hunting. Well unless you were practicing by killing tin cans. 

And knives are tools. I feel lost without one in my pocket. In fact I carry 2 most days. I think I started more in high school though.

Those are pretty cool, and of course, at my age I can remember mail order guns in the Sears and Roebuck catalog.

I purchased my first gun in 1965 (I was 11 years old), an H&R 16 g single shot (still have it) from Mr.Curry's Western Auto. He gave a quick phone call to my mother for her OK, and as I had a 30 hour/week job, he let me put $5,00 down and put the gun on layaway. It took me several weeks to pay it off at $5.00/week, but I picked it up myself and he gave be a box of birdshot when I gave him his final payment. I am blessed to have known times like that! :)

If you take a $1.00 amount and plug it into an inflation cost calculator you'll find that $1.00 is equivalent to $8.05 in 2019 values.

Based on that calculation we truly are in a golden time of affordable and available ammo and guns. And like @Ronald_55 hints, this may not even be a future possibility...

8 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Or..."Wow back in 2019 you could buy ammo!"

Ronald that ain't even funny. But could be true considering all the stuff going on these days. I am going to post the link in general chat about the left skewing how they report like the U.S. is not #1 but #66 in the world for mass shootings. You all probably know for years most if not all of the states have lower numbers of hunters, this kind of shows the change in things.