Any FosTech experience?

I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a FosTech Echo AR2. Other than having to have a FA bolt is their anything else to know? I'm more of a pistol guy but obviously any good gun nut has the mandatory ARs, AKs,  etc. I have a Bushmaster i thought it would be perfect for. Any info or experience would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Esko 270 said:

Any info or experience would be appreciated. 

They are illegal in some states. The BATF has said they are legal; but keep in mind these are the same guys that said a bump stock was legal. I think the FEDS will follow suit. Enjoy it while you can.

• Moderators

I’ve had the joy of working with the Fostech’s main competition, the Franklin Armory BFS III binary trigger. It’s all in the timing of the trigger pull and release. Play with it a little and you’ll find the correct rhythm for the most accurate and controllable fire in its binary mode. 

15 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve had the joy of working with the Fostech’s main competition, the Franklin Armory BFS III binary trigger. It’s all in the timing of the trigger pull and release. Play with it a little and you’ll find the correct rhythm for the most accurate and controllable fire in its binary mode. 

I haven't installed it yet but used a friend's and had a blast. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Had to play with some different buffer weights and springs on mine to get it running nicely; ended up with a standard carbine buffer and spring.  A H2 or a sprinco spring would slow it down too much and cause it to fail to pick up a fresh round from the mag.  Also, make sure you bring a nice heavy duty cleaning rod to remove stuck casings if you intend to burn through steel cased ammo with it in binary as you will encounter a few and relying on mortaring sucks.

• Like 2

That is some timing, I have one arriving tomorrow. I just put a Hiperfire 3gun in a receiver and really liked it which led to me look at these. Agonized over the Fostech vs Franklin. Was leaning toward the Franklin because it would be similar in feel / function to the one I was getting for my Scorpion plus I didnt like the idea of cast or MIM parts. But I plan to use piston uppers and reviews pretty much said you run into more hammer follow with Franklin vs Fostechs in piston guns.

Franklin come with a heavier spring and most thought the Fostechs were less prone to buffer and spring weights, so viscero's experience is opposite what tests have shown. But I guess you have that fun in in any AR no matter trigger.

Are you getting the lighter spring for the back up disconnector? That seems the first order of business with these. The semi pull is mil spec, but in binary the second shot is reported as 8 to 10 lbs.  My thought is that will mess with your trigger timing. Seems most folks switch over.

One company carries 2 springs to tune. Effects both semi position and binary. Brings trigger to 3lbs in semi, and in binary the first shot is 5lbs and 6lbs on second so similar and in line will mil spec. The second spring is lighter by 1lb on each. I think 2lbs is a bit light in semi, but my hiperfire 3g is about 2.5 so should be an interesting comparison.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Erich said:

That is some timing, I have one arriving tomorrow. I just put a Hiperfire 3gun in a receiver and really liked it which led to me look at these. Agonized over the Fostech vs Franklin. Was leaning toward the Franklin because it would be similar in feel / function to the one I was getting for my Scorpion plus I didnt like the idea of cast or MIM parts. But I plan to use piston uppers and reviews pretty much said you run into more hammer follow with Franklin vs Fostechs in piston guns.

Franklin come with a heavier spring and most thought the Fostechs were less prone to buffer and spring weights, so viscero's experience is opposite what tests have shown. But I guess you have that fun in in any AR no matter trigger.

Are you getting the lighter spring for the back up disconnector? That seems the first order of business with these. The semi pull is mil spec, but in binary the second shot is reported as 8 to 10 lbs.  My thought is that will mess with your trigger timing. Seems most folks switch over.

One company carries 2 springs to tune. Effects both semi position and binary. Brings trigger to 3lbs in semi, and in binary the first shot is 5lbs and 6lbs on second so similar and in line will mil spec. The second spring is lighter by 1lb on each. I think 2lbs is a bit light in semi, but my hiperfire 3g is about 2.5 so should be an interesting comparison.

We Just installed it today. Honestly I haven't used it enough to say much about the spring yet but it's definitely going to take some getting used to. I can say when you get the trigger going it's all smiles! Surprisingly I was keeping all the shots much tighter than expected.  Keep me updated. 

• Like 1