Small Folding Pocket Knife

• Admin Team

My favorite knife of late is a sprint run Spyderco Paramilitary 3 in M390 steel.  I’ve got a bigger PM2 in the same steel and I simply cannot say enough good things about it. A good stropping is all it needs to maintain an edge.  

If the PM3 is too big, I’d probably go with a Delica.  

• Like 1
  • Moderators

To answer the actual question asked, my main knife is a Gavko Thresher flipper. I also carry a Protech Strider SnG and a Protech TR4, both are autos. The knife that’s been in the rotation the longest is a Spyderco Native in all stainless that I bought from a member here about a decade ago. 

• Like 1

This is my Gerber PARAFRAME MINI. I call it my “Illinois knife” because I can’t carry an auto knife when I go there; so I carry this.

I saw it in Rural King on sale for like $10 a few years ago. I was pretty sharp when I got it, and still is. It’s been a good knife.

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/shop/knives/all-knives/paraframe-mini-stainless-plain-edge-22-08485

4DMZvr4.jpg

This is my Protech Magic BR-1 "Whiskers" Automatic Knife that I carry when I am here.

http://www.protechknives.com/product/br-1-7/ 

I think it was about $180 when I got it.

vhD7vks.jpg

• Like 2

Currently carry a Kershaw 1600 and like it a lot. I carried a Buck 0425 MiniBuck for over 25 years before getting the Kershaw and still keep it in reserve. Main reason I switched, it seemed like I was always needing to open my knife when I was holding something with my other hand and the Buck is definitely a two handed knife to open.

• Like 1

Somewhat of a Gerber fan here. I had 2 of the Gerber Paraframe Minis and the last year's Secret Santa gave me another. I have one on the desktop beside me right now, one on the dresser to grab when going out, and one in my car. They are great little do-almost-everything you want knives. 

And should you damage one, or break the blade doing all those things we aren't supposed to do with a knife...you won't cry over the loss.

I guess, I'm the old Geezer here.  I carry a SAK and a big ole Grand Daddy Barlow. And if I’m not carrying the Barlow, It's a large Case Sodbuster.  I got tactical folders, but don't every carry them.  I like the look and feel of an old slip joint.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1

I carry a Kershaw Cryo flipper. I don't remember if it's the Cryo I or II, it's the smaller of the two. I also sometimes carry a small Boker folder, it's got 4 blades but is smaller than the Kershaw. My Leatherman also has a blade, but I rarely use it for that. 

I'd like a knife that's thin enough to double as a money clip. I have an older SOG Access Card knife that I carried for years, but the clip has lost its spring and I can't figure out how to get it off to tighten it! Any suggestions?

Edited by jgradyc
Asked for suggestions.
On 11/12/2019 at 4:59 AM, jgradyc said:

I'd like a knife that's thin enough to double as a money clip. I have an older SOG Access Card knife that I carried for years, but the clip has lost its spring and I can't figure out how to get it off to tighten it! Any suggestions?

Carry a fatter wad of cash....problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Admin Team

I’ve had my eye on one in natural micarta - the sheepsfoot seals the deal for me. 

On a similar note, this Smith and Sons lockback sod buster is one of my all time favorites.  It’s only available every now and then, but if I was looking for a small knife, a sod buster profile would be in the running. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

DLTTrading.com.  They drop tomorrow morning (Friday the 15th) at 0900CST.  

Unlike Spyderco exclusive drops, I don’t expect these will sell out in minutes.  You should have plenty of time to get one.  

Between these guys and St. Nicks Knives down in Huntsville, I don’t know that you’ll find nicer folks. Their customer service is great, and they’re just the salt of the earth.  

• Like 2