AR pistol sights?

I run a Sightmark Ultra reflex sight on my 9mm carbine. A 4 MOA red/green dot sight I paid  $75.00 for. Holds zero after removal. All around good sight for the money. Works fine with a BUIS .

Bill

IMG_1116.JPG

In budget land, I've been pleased with the Millett SP1 red dot mounted on my HP 995.

Reviews are positive on lower caliber long guns, though there good reports interspersed with shotgun, AR, and PCC lever action users.

It's moved forward across 3 stocks, no issues, holds zero...last time out I was ringing steel at 25 yards consistently.

I've replaced the battery once, just because.

While not contractor grade, I am not concerned about inadvertant bumps or drops.

$50 ish, I should have gone with the 30mm vs. the smaller tube.

Edited by A.J. Holst

On the budget side, a good ole Bushnell TRS25 is hard to beat. Never had an issue with them have but them on a number of calibers. For a nicer option, when I am in a more discriminating crowd, I like my Holosun 503G. Nice sharp 2 moa dot and solid. That one sits on my 516 pistol currently.

• Thanks 1
On 11/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, chipperi said:

I put a cheap Sig Romeo 5 on mine. Got it from PSA for about $125

I have a Romeo 5 on a Ruger PC carbine.  Cheap is the last word I’d use to describe it.  It’s the clearest dot I’ve ever seen at that price point and I have an astigmatism in my shooting eye.

I bought a AR Pistol for a trunk gun. In case I needed more firepower and had a chance to get to it. I wasn’t about to be the test dummy for the “Its not a stock; it’s a Brace case.” So I didn’t put one on.

It would be almost impossible to use open sights without a stock. So I went with a red dot. The whole idea was a loser. An AR without a stock is worthless. It’s good as a conversation piece; but that’s it. I wondered who came up with this dumb azz idea; then I remembered it was me.

I’m going to sell this bad idea when I get around to it, and just buy me a cheap AR Carbine. I’ll put a scope on it and put this Vortex Venom on a handgun where it belongs.

Not often do I admit I’m wrong. (Cause I’m usually not.) :)

vSKFL6U.jpg

clgfFv4.jpg

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I bought a AR Pistol for a trunk gun. In case I needed more firepower and had a chance to get to it. I wasn’t about to be the test dummy for the “Its not a stock; it’s a Brace case.” So I didn’t put one on.

It would be almost impossible to use open sights without a stock. So I went with a red dot. The whole idea was a loser. An AR without a stock is worthless. It’s good as a conversation piece; but that’s it. I wondered who came up with this dumb azz idea; then I remembered it was me.

I’m going to sell this bad idea when I get around to it, and just buy me a cheap AR Carbine. I’ll put a scope on it and put this Vortex Venom on a handgun where it belongs.

Not often do I admit I’m wrong. (Cause I’m usually not.) :)

vSKFL6U.jpg

clgfFv4.jpg

I put together an AR pistol for the same reasons as you and didn't go with the brace.  I really like my setup and enjoy shooting it and wanted to make a couple of suggestions.  I put a foam pad on the buffer tube so it's more comfortable to hold against my cheek and my red dot is on a riser which makes it the correct height while holding against cheek.  The sights are cheap ones I got from Midsouth Shooters Supply, I think they were $30 but they work fine.  Not sure how they will old up long term though.  

20191116_074518.thumb.jpg.c67fbd4b10a4e728520bb6eedb3552b2.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, TGO David said:

Almost can't go wrong with a Holosun 507C these days for as cheap as you can get them.

Or if you are looking to save a couple $ and the circle dot reticle doesn't matter you can pick up the 407c for $50-70 less.

• Like 2