Chainsaw Disc for Angle Grinder

AuEagle

14 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

FWIW, if you get one of these, bear in mind, this is not a one piece item. There are two halves ( top & bottom ), and the chain. The tangs on the chain fit between the two halves & makes a groove like a chainsaw bar. Not a big deal, just took a bit of finger work to keep it in place while tightening the spanner nut.

Have fun!

So, what you are telling us is there is going to be a YouTube video of someone trying to do that while holding it between their legs, with it plugged in, and then hitting the on button?

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

So, what you are telling us is there is going to be a YouTube video of someone trying to do that while holding it between their legs, with it plugged in, and then hitting the on button?

Well, not what I was trying to say, but wouldn't be surprised. Stupid people do stupid things with power equipment. If you see a video, pass it along. Be fun to watch.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

So, you think it's made in U.S.A. China? :)

Wouldn't surprise me, LOL. It is stamped Made In USA. Other than that, I wouldn't venture to imply anything. I've got to give this little jewel a better run than I did when I got it. If it works out ok, hopefully the TGO faithful can sleep better at nite. 😉

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sidecarist said:

They are used for carving. Ive seen them used for sculpting bears & such.

I wonder if a cordless version could be mounted as a bayonet?

Where there's a will, there's a way.................send pics when complete, LOL

Well...... just when you think you've seen it all! I'm impressed, every home should have one, just in case. The $450 price tag is going to delay me for a bit ( indefinitely actually ). I don't have an AR anymore, but maybe it could fit underneath my Walther PPQ. Oh well........

11 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

I don't have an AR anymore, but maybe it could fit underneath my Walther PPQ. Oh well........

THIS! Get yourself about a 6" picatinny extension to hang it from, and a pistol brace glued to the backside, you'll be super duper tactical!

Better get some suppressor-height sights on there, too, just because...

2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

That’s why they call it the old man’s tool store. ;)

I guess that although I resemble that remark I try to buy quality so that I can pass it to my kids. My father-in-law of almost 41 years just passed a few weeks ago. It somehow fell to me and my daughter to video his possessions while I commented on what it was in the video. He had a lot of junk, (he grew up very poor and never gave away his stuff because of it), but he had a lot of tools that were at least 60 years old. His boys and grandson, (my son), were able to take memories that they could actually use.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I guess that although I resemble that remark I try to buy quality so that I can pass it to my kids. My father-in-law of almost 41 years just passed a few weeks ago. It somehow fell to me and my daughter to video his possessions while I commented on what it was in the video. He had a lot of junk, (he grew up very poor and never gave away his stuff because of it), but he had a lot of tools that were at least 60 years old. His boys and grandson, (my son), were able to take memories that they could actually use.

I’m going through that now. My parents are trying to sell their house to move to assisted living. My Dad wanted me to come and pick up some tools. I filled a crew cab pick-up (inside and bed) and still have to go back for more. Its hard for him to accept that he can’t use that stuff anymore…sad.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I’m going through that now. My parents are trying to sell their house to move to assisted living. My Dad wanted me to come and pick up some tools. I filled a crew cab pick-up (inside and bed) and still have to go back for more. Its hard for him to accept that he can’t use that stuff anymore…sad.

I understand where your Dad is coming from, It's tough to have to give up things you are used to doing & the tools that go with that. Hard row to hoe. Wish you folks the best.

3 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

I understand where your Dad is coming from, It's tough to have to give up things you are used to doing & the tools that go with that. Hard row to hoe. Wish you folks the best.

Thanks. I understand also, at 65 I am having to make decisions about keeping or selling my Harley. Yep, getting old sucks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

As with many of us, I also know what you are going thru.

My father-in-law, a retired builder in the Nashville area, had just about any tool associated with building/contracting. And knew haw to use them all. He taught me a few things as well. But as he aged, it was very hard to watch him acknowledge the lose of his abilities. Physical, and then mental deterioration, came on pretty quickly.

He always told us to get anything we wanted and could use. I got a few small things, mostly as mementos; but left the big stuff for those who could actually use them.

We lost him earlier this year. My wife is struggling with that. She walks around and sees things he built or had a hand in.

Help him while you can. It will all be gone someday.

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I don't believe anything at Harbor Freight is really made in America. Everything I've ever bought there was cheap and short-lived.

Bought many things from HF over the last 10 or so years. I totally agree with you. Anything you buy should be considered temporary and a soon-to-be throwaway item.

The only exceptions, for my use, have been the hardwood furniture dollys and a couple of the tool carts.

The furniture dollys have been very strong. I've moved safes as well as other large and heavy items. Used them to make wheel bases for cabinets and portable storage boxes for my wife.

The tool carts are ok. All SnapOn knockoffs, and unless you get one already assembled...a pain in the butt to put together.

Lately, I've gotten a couple of the Poly/plastic carts. Very sturdy, easily assembled. and 500lb rated, and the caster seem very sturdy and well made. Now using them as bases for some medical supply cabinets I acquired. They work well.

OK...my 2cents on Harbor Freight.

45 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Thanks. I understand also, at 65 I am having to make decisions about keeping or selling my Harley. Yep, getting old sucks.

You don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding.  There's lots of bikes easier to handle than a big Harley, and they're just as fun. 

3 hours ago, peejman said:

You don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding.  There's lots of bikes easier to handle than a big Harley, and they're just as fun. 

My issues have nothing to do with strength or the size of the bike.