Chainsaw Disc for Angle Grinder

AuEagle

55 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I have absolutely no idea what that could do that all the other saws I already have can’t; but I may have to get one. You know…. just in case.

I'm hogging out a hewn beam for a new mantle. I've chiseled out 3 1/2" deep & need to remove another 3".

The reviews are pretty good.

Edited by AuEagle
37 minutes ago, RED333 said:

I am sure it is made in china, gona get your trigger finger one way or another!

Yea maybe, but if it's anything like their pole saw it will be an oregon chain.

Edit:

Weird, but it looks like it is stamped "Made in USA"

image_25112.jpg

Edited by Omega
Add info
  • Like 1

It does say Made In USA. Got my shock for the day, LOL. Anyway, I went to HF & bought one.

Haven't had the chance to try it out yet, maybe tomorrow, depending on temp.& wind chill.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Be prepared to be envious ( well, maybe ).

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

It does say Made In USA. Got my shock for the day, LOL. Anyway, I went to HF & bought one.

Haven't had the chance to try it out yet, maybe tomorrow, depending on temp.& wind chill.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Be prepared to be envious ( well, maybe ).

You probably know it already, but they now have a store in Gallatin.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FrankD said:

I would also pick up some heavy leather elbow length gloves to wear while wielding this death machine.

Well, I picked up an old suit of armor at a yard sale............Just kidding.  Seriously tho, did get the thing installed, which took a bit of doing, gave it a bit of a try on a small cut. Worked good. Chain didn't fly off, ran smooth. Think this gadget just may work ok.

I'll give it a better trial when I get to something worthwhile. Stay tuned, I guess, LOL.

• Like 3

Thanks Jim, something else I never knew I always needed :D

That should be good and rigid enough to destroy about anything. I'd put it into the dremel category. Feels like you can do anything, but is an excercise in self control. Remove "just a little bit more" from you vocabulary!  Happiness and tears seem a fine line. But I'm still getting it.

My wifes rule when he hears a dremel, grinder, or similar newness removal tool fire up is "you are not allowed to swear or replace it if its expensive". I remind her thats two rules and she can only have one. 

• Like 1

FWIW, if you get one of these, bear in mind, this is not a one piece item. There are two halves ( top & bottom ), and the chain. The tangs on the chain fit between the two halves & makes a groove like a chainsaw bar. Not a big deal, just took a bit of finger work to keep it in place while tightening the spanner nut.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1