DaveTN

for-trade Trade a S&W 66-2 COMBAT MAGNUM for a Post-Lock 686

Yep, you read that right.  :)

FS/FT Model 66-2 COMBAT MAGNUM

This is a beautiful example of a 66-2 Combat Magnum in stainless with a 6” barrel.

MFG date is 1982 I traded for this a few years ago. It is in excellent condition with an excellent bore. It appears to be fired very little, but I have never fired it. Serial number is 125K9XX

It has Stainless “Semi Target Hammer”, Stainless “Grooved Service Trigger”, adjustable rear sight, Red ramp front sight.

It is wearing a set of Hogue Mono Grips.

No box. But I’ll give it to you in a cheap gun rug with a zipper that doesn’t work, so you don’t have to carry it home in a brown paper bag. I require a signed bill of sale and that you show me a TN Drivers License or HCP to show you are a Tennessee Resident, 21 years of age or older. The bill of sale is minimal, (I'll email you a copy if you like) and I don't copy your info or take pictures of your ID.

If you PM me about trading; tell me exactly what you have in mind, if money needs to go either way, how much. Please don’t ask me how I would trade for your firearm; just tell me what you have in mind. Send me pics if you have them, if you don’t, tell me exactly what you have in mind and I will let you know if I need to see pics, or pursue any farther.

Sale/Trade must take place in the Murfreesboro area. I might be open to traveling for a trade if you have good feedback on TGO, and something I’m interested in.

1.) S&W 686 or 586 6” or 7” barrel. Don’t care if it’s a pre-lock or not but has to be factory tapped for a scope. (Standard after ~1993). Might consider larger calibers or other models/brands with barrels at least 6” that are tapped for a scope. Must be in excellent condition.

2.) S&W Model 41, 7” only, No 5.5”

3.) Ruger Mark IV Competition.

4.) AR15 Rifle or Carbine, No Pistol, Flat Top Only, No front sight post

5.) Smith & Wesson .357Mag J-frames. (Model 60 357)

6.) S&W Model 610 10mm

7.) Cowboy revolver, Blackhawk, Vaquero, Uberti, etc. .357 (might consider other calibers)

8.) S&W Model 39 or 39-2. Blue only, no nickel, no 59’s.

9.) Belgium Browning Hi-Power, Polished blue only, no nickel, no clones.

10.) S&W Model 2206

11.) Remington 870 12GA WingMaster Walnut and polished blue only, no matt. 

12.) Wood & polished blue Semi-auto shotguns. Like Remington 1100 or 11-87 Premier. 

89y0Kld.jpg

N7PiRDU.jpg

JvLf6hn.jpg

xsLZy8C.jpg

5AAMdO7.jpg

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 4

On 11/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, DaveTN said:

Whaaaaat??? No one has new 6” 686 they want to trade for a Smith & Wesson Pre-Lock Revolver? What has the world come to??

Where are all those “They don’t make stuff the way they used to” guys.

:)

The key here is that I don't have a 6" 686 or I'd be all over this one!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SonnyCrockett said:

just curious why you would rather own a 686 over a 66,I would think it would be the other way around..

I own both. Mine are all Pre Locks. I want at least a 6” handgun to put a scope on. But, I don’t want to modify a Pre-Lock by having it drilled and tapped.

Post-Locks get priced like Pre-Locks all the time because the seller (and sometimes the buyer) isn’t aware of the market. In like condition a Pre-Lock will bring more than one with a lock. A 686 Pre-Lock may bring more than a 66 Pre-Lock. But if a seller can get a 686 with a lock to bring the same money or more than a Pre-Lock; he has hit a home run. But we have seen it happen.

I just threw it out there. I honestly didn’t expect it to take more than a few hours. But not much is moving, except in the new carry guns. I’m not in a hurry.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Charles Wonder
      For sale or trade is this rare CZ550 American 308. Beautiful walnut stock, extremely smooth Mauser control feed bolt, single set trigger, glass beded, tack driver even with factory round. Have the cold hammer forged barrel threaded by professional gunsmith at Lebanon, muzzle brake installed achieving very mild recoil. CZ discontinued 550 a few years ago to produce cheaper push feed CZ557. You will not find any CZ550 with muzzle brake in such good condition anywhere in U.S. 
      Shoot it maybe 40 rounds in last 8 years, Selling it because I just upgraded to a Sako hunter. Promise my wife I will fund it by selling the CZs.
      CZ Scope rings and box included, scope and sling not included. $850 obo but pretty firm.
      Will consider trade for 1911 or other cz pistols.
      Cash deal at Cool Springs Nashville Lebanon area. Have to have valid TN driver license and a bill of sale.

• By MarkS
      1995 Browning Hi Power MkIII Practical (Made in Belgium, assembled in Portugal)
      Nothing feels or points like a Hi Power, this beauty has guarded the safe for a long time. I had my gunsmith install all parts listed below, and tune the trigger.  (The magazine dis-connect has NOT been removed.) Low round count, as it has been to the range only 3-4 times(since my father purchased in '96).
      Fully upgraded with BH Spring Solutions components.  (All original parts included)
      Parts List
      1. ADVANCED MATCH GRADE 9mm HI-POWER BARREL ELITE-EXPERT (11 Deg. CROWN) $279
      2. Dual-Stage/Buffering Recoil Spring Guide Rod Assembly $79 
      3. Fast Safety System for Hi-Power pistols (SFS v2.0) $149 (Hard Chrome Version)
      4. Armorers Tools Kit for Hi-Power $65
      5. Tune and Optimizing Spring System for all fullsized Hi-Powers $50 (All springs changed 2 months ago, as original springs were in it, and Browning recommends every 5-7 years)
      Please visit the BH Spring Solutions website to read about the SFS Safety. Original safety system is included.
      Mags Included:
      1. Browning original 13 round & 10 round mag with spring at bottom of mag for fast ejection 
      2. Mec-gar (which made the Browning mags) 2 black 15 round mags, and 2 15 round Nickel mags. Also 2 mag extenders to increase 15 round mag to 17 round.
      3. Original Pachmeyer Browning grips (standard for Practical). Also Hogue grips (currently installed)
      4. Trijicon HD Night Sights. (Original sights included) $139 (see pic 4, front sight was smaller than original, so small amount of the hard chrome shows)
      5 Gunsmith work $475 (Trigger and components install)
      Original case, and paperwork included.
      I am not in a rush, so please no silly offers. I might be open to trade +cash, or multiple guns, 
      Trade value will be $2000 - please understand that I will verify all trade values on gun.deals.com
      Cash Value $1700 - Excellent condition 
      Feel free to search on gunbroker.com for Hi Power value, I too remember when these were sold everywhere for $500-$800, but Browning no longer makes them.
      Please message me with any questions or offers.
      Thanks!!!

• By cdk1991
      $850 Sig 1911 TTT 45 cal 2 mags box paperwork open to trades no poly or ar15

Gun Specifications Type: Pistol Produced: 2007 - 2012 Caliber: .45 Auto Action: recoil operated semi-automatic Trigger: single-action (SA) Safety: grip safety, manual thumb safety Magazine: 8-round Frame: stainless steel Grip: burled maple Sights: adjustable combat night sights Notes: reverse two-tone finish

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines