Ruger Security Six 4" SS

jeff43

13 minutes ago, Moped said:

I had a blue 6” for a bit. Built like a tank! Trigger isn’t as good as a S&W Or a Colt, but it’s a far stronger action than the other two. It was very accurate. Price would probably be in the $400 to $500 range. 

👍 Thanks

• Like 1

I have one and gave $500 for it.  Probably a little high, but SS 4" Security Sixes have a certain nostalgic value to me.  About 1982 or so, I was with my dad at a gun show and there was one new for $209.  I thought my dad had lost his mind for not immediately buying it, but this was before I had completely learned the value of a hard-earned dollar.  I never forgot that Security Six.  Fast forward to two years ago.  I'm in a gun shop in Paris (TN) and there the same gun sits (maybe not the exact same one).  I couldn't leave without it.  By the way, it's a shooter.  

Edited by deerslayer

I've got a 4" blue and love it. The Security Six is an outstanding revolver. Perhaps not quite as refined as a S&W or Colt, but they're right up there close. Around $500 sounds right. 

I've been watching locally for years trying to buy a 2.75 inch version and if I was to stumble across a 6" for sale, I'd likely buy it. However you just don't see them for sale very often anymore. The folks that got 'em, tend to keep 'em. ;) I truly believe the biggest mistake Ruger ever made was discontinuing the Six Series revolvers. 

lVerZ1I.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've got a 4" blue and love it. The Security Six is an outstanding revolver. Perhaps not quite as refined as a S&W or Colt, but they're right up there close. Around $500 sounds right. 

I've been watching locally for years trying to buy a 2.75 inch version and if I was to stumble across a 6" for sale, I'd likely buy it. However you just don't see them for sale very often anymore. The folks that got 'em, tend to keep 'em. ;) I truly believe the biggest mistake Ruger ever made was discontinuing the Six Series revolvers. 

lVerZ1I.jpg

I have a less pretty one than yours. I bought it some years back as well.   Looks sort of like it was dropped several times. Scratched up and the adjustable sight has both rear corners almost knocked off they are so round.

But shoots well. And that's all that really matters.

4 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

lVerZ1I.jpg

YES - Ruger made a HUGE mistake when they stopped the Six Series.  I inherited a revolver exactly as the one above (with factory grips) that remains unfired.

3 minutes ago, jeff43 said:

Well, I bought it. Couldn't pass it up

I have found that these guys on here are more than willing to help spend money….when it isn’t theirs.

Security Six is a sweet revolver; I think you will be happy.

BTW…..Pics or it didn’t happen.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I have found that these guys on here are more than willing to help spend money….when it isn’t theirs.

I have no problem spending my own money on here without anyone's help. Lol. I have to make a run toward Nashville to meet KahrMan and 221 Fireball in a week or two already. Hope your M1 and 66-2 are gone by then. Ha

3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I'll try to get pics sometime if I can figure it out.

3 hours ago, jeff43 said:

Well, I bought it. Couldn't pass it up

You'll be happy with that revolver. I don't have one, but I do keep my eye out.

Just in case you don't already know, Ruger will honor their warranty on the -Six revolvers but it's a credit towards a new one rather than repair.

I had a SS security six years ago, best I remember it had larger wood grips than this one . Can't remember if it was a 4" or 6". I already have a GP100 4" and a Blackhawk 4 5/8" in SS 

I still have the Security Six owners manual at the house from the old one

Edited by jeff43