At an auction the other night the seller had a case of Remington 22 LR ammo, 500 ct per box. He never ran it for auction. As the request section of the auction started I asked about them. He wants $20 per box. The auction company adds 10% onto all sales. So now that box will cost $22. 

I did a walk through at walmart, I don't shop there. They had 2 different boxes of Remington  22 LR , both are 550 ct boxes. Ones is $19.49 and the other is $19.97. Get to know prices before you head to an auction.

Ammo prices are probably the lowest I've seen in a number of years, especially when you consider inflation / dollar devaluation. And availability is quite remarkable.

Black Friday sales are just a few days away as well. It'd be a great time for folks to stock up on what they think they might need for the coming year, maybe coming years actually. We live in what the Chinese proverb refers to as "interesting times"...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TNPossum
      You probably saw a couple of months ago where Walmart announced they wouldn't be selling pistol ammunition.  I had been watching and while there had been some markdowns there wasn't any price that couldn't be beat with bulk buying and in particular with Black Friday Specials and rebates happening. 
      That changed as it has now dropped to 50% off today, or at least it did at the Ft. Henry Drive Kingsport location.  I was actually alerted to it by the clerk as I came up to check on prices.  It was it won't last long if all the sporting goods clerks are that proactive in letting folks know, but you may be able to snag a deal or too.  I couldn't pass up 9mm Rem UMC 250 rd mega packs for $25.  It was also a good excuse to buy some premium self defense ammo at a great price. 
      The earlier discounts had thinned some of the variety down, but it seemed that every common caliber still had something on the shelf.  I don't know if this is system wide or just a single store, but its worth checking if you need more ammo.
    • By Will
      I do not reload so looking for some ideas for this project. I need 25 .45 Long Colts for display in Cowboy belt.after talking to some Cowboy shooters they say
      Nickel ammo ,new or cleaned with no primer.  Brass will tarnish on leather.
      Round nose lead,250 grain or so..
      How would I crimp with no reloader?
      Tried David and several vendors at gun shows,no luck.
      Thanks
      Will

• By vujade
      What is causing this and how do I fix it?  
      I'm using a Dillon 550.  Seating die in station 3 only seats the bullet.  I have a Lee Factory Crimp die in station 4.   Everything is perfect until the 4th station where I feel the case buckle.  I reseated the crimp die.  I put a good round in there, raise a dummy round and screw in the die until it makes contact.  Lower the dummy round and turn in 1/4 of a turn.  I raise it up, no issue; very slight crimp but not enough to hold the bullet well (I'm able to push hard and lower the bullet).  I screw in the crimp die 1/8 of a turn; and what you see below is what I get.  I've tried several cases including new never fired cases. 
      I must have loaded several thousand rounds of 223 by now and this is the first I've seen this.  I did not make any drastic changes.  In fact, prior to this, I was had loaded about 20 perfect rounds.  

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines