Hows the deer hunters on here done so far

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I say this in the nicest way... I hate you guys...  Where I get to hunt taking a 4 point would be a FANTASTIC day. Taking one of those might might cause me some cardiac arrest....

Trust me I do honestly feel your pain. I’ve  hunted a place like that for many years before I found this place. Over the last 4 or 5 years I stopped fighting the “if I don’t shoot it the neighbors will” and started letting bucks walk that I never would have before. It was a small property but private. Bucks started growing and I was amazed at what a couple years did for them. It still has the same neighbors with the same methodology but I still let the bucks with potential walk and if they get them, I did my part to let them grow. Many (and I mean MANY) days I’d sit out there and not see hardly anything or zero deer. But it was a funnel and eventually bucks made their way in. The place I have now is a blessing and I don’t take one second of it for granted. First year hunting it and still learning travel patterns but I’m loving every learning minute I have and can’t wait to further my knowledge of how to pattern and track movement of the groups of deer. 

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 3

Only made it two days so far.  I saw 5 does on opening day of rifle (Unit CWD) and only one gave me a shot.  I missed.   Next time out, I saw nothing.   I heard them getting busy but it wasn't on my land or where I could see.   But never saw anything.   Heading back out this weekend.   

• Like 1

I went out at 11am today. Wind was still howling and I made the decision to sit on a field edge. The area I was in has bad swirling with high winds in the woods so I decided I’d rather not see a deer than be in the woods and spook something good. It was still a good outing because I had beautiful scenery to look at. Gonna get back out Friday and try it again. 

• 1 month later...

Had a great year! My 1st time back hunting in over 30 years! Been raising a family. Getting back to nature as life slows down.

My 1st buck a 7ptr & my biggest ever!

Then my 1st coyote ever!

Then my 2ed biggest buck ever on January 5!

Buy sportsman support wildlife!!!!

20200110_105917.jpg

20200110_105939.jpg

20200110_105958.jpg

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, swim615 said:

Had a great year! My 1st time back hunting in over 30 years! Been raising a family. Getting back to nature as life slows down.

My 1st buck a 7ptr & my biggest ever!

Then my 1st coyote ever!

Then my 2ed biggest buck ever on January 5!

Buy sportsman support wildlife!!!!

20200110_105917.jpg

20200110_105939.jpg

20200110_105958.jpg

Very nice.  Today is the last day if you want a doe.

• Like 1

Just got back to hunting a few years ago after lots of family and career time. I hunted with Dad back in December. Only 2 days I got to go this year. Took my first deer ever. Spent all the years as a kid staring at empty woods during deer season. Had this one before 9 am. Saw 2 bucks and a doe before 7:45 the second day but held off since both about the same size as this one. I hoped they would go around past Dad. They did not. 

Not a prize winner, but after what felt like hours grunting him around where I coud get a clear view and shot, I wasn't gonna pass him up. Let's call him a 3 pointer. lol

spacer.png

• Like 3