Hows the deer hunters on here done so far

20 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Nice buck Slappy. I shot a cow horn spike opening muzzleloader season, needed some meat and he was the first available victim. I saw 4 this afternoon after the rain subsided and missed one. Oh well they call it hunting for a reason.

What's a cow horn spike? (I'm trying to figure out what we call them up here...)

10 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Weird I have tons, I raked up 3 bucket loads from 1 tree and moved them to trees by my stand

I am not quite sure if that is acceptable according to TWRA, however I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express lately. LOL  We have loads of acorns also, you can't walk without stepping on 3 or 4. I have a overcup oak next to my barn and I would bet there are 3 or 4 pickup loads of acorns surrounding my barn.

• Like 1

Got my personal best this afternoon at 3:00. It was raining steady with 12-14mph winds so the rain was falling diagonal across the field. After passing countless bucks, I could not pass this one up. 4.5 yr old chocolate rack 9 pointer. I’m sure blessed today and so thankful. All the work this year was worth this two minute long encounter with this big feller. 
Whz13pM.jpg

9KFLccl.jpg

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 13
8 hours ago, rugerla1 said:

Got my personal best this afternoon at 3:00. It was raining steady with 12-14mph winds so the rain was falling diagonal across the field. After passing countless bucks, I could not pass this one up. 4.5 yr old chocolate rack 9 pointer. I’m sure blessed today and so thankful. All the work this year was worth this two minute long encounter with this big feller. 
Whz13pM.jpg

Nice Buck!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rugerla1 said:

Whz13pM.jpg

Congrats!  That is a helluva buck. 

• Like 1

I've been in the stand a little bit this season. Had multiple deer within bow range (even in ML and rifle season) but nothing that  I'd want to drag out. Small racks and bodies all season long. The wife told me last night "What's wrong with you, we don't eat the horns!"

I typically see multiple coyote by this point. This morning, just after daybreak, a coyote came in without being called. The animal came in from behind me. By the time I got the gun up it either caught my wind or seen movement and came to a halt. I put the scope on him and he took off. I missed. 

Nice buck Rugerla1. Howler you best listen to your wife, them horn take too long to cook. LOL I know what you mean though, in the woods where I hunt, unless he is bullwinkle I won't shoot in someplaces because just getting to him to put rope for winch would be a workout for me. Shoot them danged coyotes!!!

• Like 1

Thanks y’all. It’s been 24 hours and I’m still tore up over it 🤪

Heading back out in the morning without as much pressure knowing that I have one in the freezer and the head/cape at the taxidermist. Good luck everyone who is still out after their first one. It’s been a long season and a lot of walking to get my first of the year. 

These two bucks came out and ate 30 yards from me for 45 minutes on the last day of archery season. It tested my patience since they are nice bucks but not what we were after on this farm. The experience was rewarding just seeing them interact with each other. One bedded down for 10 minutes while the other continued eating haha They will be really nice bucks next year though. 

aos7Tlr.jpg

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

These two bucks came out and ate 30 yards from me for 45 minutes on the last day of archery season. It tested my patience since they are nice bucks but not what we were after on this farm. The experience was rewarding just seeing them interact with each other. One bedded down for 10 minutes while the other continued eating haha They will be really nice bucks next year though. 

aos7Tlr.jpg

I say this in the nicest way... I hate you guys...  Where I get to hunt taking a 4 point would be a FANTASTIC day. Taking one of those might might cause me some cardiac arrest....

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2