Univ Tennessee Knoxville admissions help

Radtekk

Hey all. Relatively new here, not terribly active:( Moving, job search, renovations, unpacking... No such thing as "free time". Moved here from Massachusetts in September, bought a house in Jefferson City, got a job working at Morristown-Hamblen Hospital.

My daughter is attending college (freshman) in New Hampshire at Southern New Hampshire University. Good grades, high school honor student. Not standout, but a good solid student, honors & AP classes, varsity soccer, generally a good kid. She wants to transfer to University of Tennessee Knoxville for the spring semester. All of her paperwork is in, application, SAT's, transcripts, the works. She'll be here tomorrow for Thanksgiving, we're going on a tour Tuesday.

So, heres my ask... Anybody "know anybody" they'd be willing to direct me to? Not asking anybody to go out on a limb for somebody they don't know, just maybe a name of somebody to talk to that can make sure my daughter doesn't get lost in a crowd.

Thanks! 

Edited by Radtekk
Typos, fat fingers and phone keyboards...
On 11/24/2019 at 4:03 PM, gregintenn said:

I imagine she’d just need to go apply at the admissions office. It isn’t like it Harvard or something.

As said, she's applied and done ALL the requisite paperwork. We're touring later today, a stop in admissions is on our list as well. My concern is that BECAUSE it's such a big place that her application may get lost or missed, and she REALLY wants to be down here in the spring. But thanks for the advice. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:14 PM, jpx2rk said:

:rock:

I think it's "purdy".  

ROFL! 

On 11/25/2019 at 7:58 AM, Luckyforward said:

Just tell her to sing "Rocky Top" and do so when she goes to the Admissions Office . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=EKbOtWeAEnY

Lol, she inherited my singing voice. She shows up a-caroling and they'll drop her application in the shredder... 

22 hours ago, peejman said:

I doubt she'll have admissions issues, they're happy to take your money.  It's a big school so it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Not doing so is entirely up to her.  What's her major?

My only real concern is getting lost in the paperwork shuffle. I'm not really concerned about anonymity as a student, she'll find her way, I've seen her do it through a nasty divorce and 5 elementary schools is 6 years. Which I think, to answer your last question, is one of the big reasons she's planning on some sort of social work curriculum, she really wants to help kids navigate that whole ####-show. 

Edited by Radtekk
  • Like 1