9mm 147gr suggestions please

Being a transplant from a restricted state, I only recently have used suppressors. On trying out my new Obsidian45 and Kraken9, I was let down a bit by the Speer 147gr I shot thru the Kraken.

It didn't seem any quieter than 124gr Nato though is suppose to be subsonic. I used my hearing protection (outdoor) for both.  On looking around, I've seen some comments the Speer is louder. Would like some recommendations of readily available 147 grain that y'all may have found to work best. 

I've seen reviews that Hush 165 is the gold standard, and 158gr Fiocchi is good.  They are not easy to find, so hopefully something less exotic does the trick.

Check out SG ammo, they have some 158. Thay also have some synthetic stuff but I haven't done my research about shooting it through a suppressor. I like Target Sport USA too, the Federal stuff isn't bad. I Just got a case of Blazer 147 and it's about the same as speer. Not much help i know. 

Temporary Sale - 1000 round case - 9mm Luger Subsonic 158 Grain FMJ IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries

Temporary Sale - 1000 round case - 9mm Luger Subsonic 158 Grain FMJ IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Esko 270 said:

Check out SG ammo, they have some 158. Thay also have some synthetic stuff but I haven't done my research about shooting it through a suppressor. I like Target Sport USA too, the Federal stuff isn't bad. I Just got a case of Blazer 147 and it's about the same as speer. Not much help i know. 

Appreciate that, SG has been a go to. They had been out of the Fiocchi for a while, but see its back in. Thanks for the reminder. When I was looking, I saw a couple chrono test of the IMI, and its pretty hot and was pushing the barrier. Over at times thru a Scorpion pistol.

3 hours ago, my82cam said:

Eh, I kind of went down this route.  Ditched the 9mm and only shoot 45s now.  No regrets.  I would fine that most 9mm would be subsonic but several were supers.  I didn't like the inconsistency of it and just went 45.  

I can understand that. Funny thing was I walked away thinking almost the same and questioning even owning a 9mm can if ammo to make them usefull is as much or more than commercial 45. I justified it for the size, but we'll see maybe with some better ammo.

I have an Octane 45 and love it.  I use it on my HK45 tactical, and my 9mm machine gun.  Even with supers, the 9mm is hearing safe mag dump after mag dump.  Is it as quiet? Nope.  does it do its job, yup.  Would I buy a dedicated 9mm can? Probably not, but the 45 works on so much stuff.  I even use it on my 357 SBR but only to shoot 38s.  Fun little gun.   Enjoy the 9 can, play with it, and you'll find something to make ya happy

• Like 1
8 hours ago, my82cam said:

I have an Octane 45 and love it.  I use it on my HK45 tactical, and my 9mm machine gun.  Even with supers, the 9mm is hearing safe mag dump after mag dump.  Is it as quiet? Nope.  does it do its job, yup.  Would I buy a dedicated 9mm can? Probably not, but the 45 works on so much stuff.  I even use it on my 357 SBR but only to shoot 38s.  Fun little gun.   Enjoy the 9 can, play with it, and you'll find something to make ya happy

Did I hear MG, here's one of my old guns, bowers suppressor using 9mm subsonic ammo, not sure what flavor, really not that quite, 60rd single stack mag.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Show her off, any proud papa would have a picture in his wallet

So, I have the hardest time posting pictures on TGO.  I have never really figured it out, so, I just dont bother.  I have plenty of pictures in my wallet her them!