Jump to content
Erik88

FPS Russia Update

Recommended Posts

Many of you will probably remember FPS Russia from his funny and over the top YouTube videos. From what I gathered, he got the attention of the feds who basically took it upon themselves to find a way to put him away. They ended up searching his house and finding..............wait for it....... 1/2 ounce of marijuana.  They initially wanted him to go to prison for 25 years. He ended up pleading guilty and serving 2 months. They also confiscated $400,000 worth of firearms. I don't expect much sympathy from the anti-weed crowd here but think about this for a minute. The man had 1/2 ounce of a substance that is now legal in 33 states for medicinal purposes. He wasn't selling it, he wasn't a danger to anyone.  He was guilty of pissing off the wrong people. That's what it boils down to. 

 

He explains how he beat the state charges due to a bad warrant but didn't beat the federal charges. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems pretty clear to me, if you choose to use weed, legal or not, it hasn't been adjusted for gun ownership.

It is a GREAT way to undermine the 2A. 

Make enough contradictory laws, you create criminals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

It seems pretty clear to me, if you choose to use weed, legal or not, it hasn't been adjusted for gun ownership.

It is a GREAT way to undermine the 2A. 

Make enough contradictory laws, you create criminals.

Very true. The bottom line here is that they went looking for some way to lock him up and this was all they could find. I suppose the lesson here is that if you're going to dabble in class 3 weapons perhaps it's best to fly under the radar and not project it to the world via Youtube. From what I can tell, that's about all he was guilty of. Someone at the ATF or other, didn't like what he was doing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t this a murder investigation? I mean, not that facts will matter here. ;)

But yes, if you want to get in a pizzing match with the cops; don’t have drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Wasn’t this a murder investigation? I mean, not that facts will matter here. ;)

No, it wasn't a murder investigation. His business partner was murdered but that has nothing to do with what happened here. 

ATF spokesman Richard Coes said the justification for the search was "that [Myers] was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube."[23][24] According to Myers, the case was originally tried on the state level but it was appealed to the federal courts due to the state's justification for searching his home was that "he was wearing shorts." The Federal courts prosecuted on the grounds that illegal drug possession while owning a firearm is a federal offense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FPSRussia

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me this just points out how overbearing our own government has become. If they want you, they will do anything, say anything or make up any excuse to get you. 

This guy may have beaten the rap, but look what it cost him. He stayed of of jail, but .gov got what they wanted anyway. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grayfox54 said:

To me this just points out how overbearing our own government has become. If they want you, they will do anything, say anything or make up any excuse to get you. 

This guy may have beaten the rap, but look what it cost him. He stayed of of jail, but .gov got what they wanted anyway. 

There is no "has become"; its been that way all of our lives. 

If you know the cops are out to get you; don't do stupid stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

This guy may have beaten the rap, but look what it cost him. He stayed of of jail, but .gov got what they wanted anyway.

He actually had to serve 2 months in federal prison. He's a convicted felon and will never be able to shoot a gun again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Don’t smoke pot?

Unless you do it the way Hickok45 does it. It really is that simple.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Unless you do it the way Hickok45 does it. It really is that simple.

That went over my head. How does he do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

That went over my head. How does he do it?

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Don’t smoke pot?

Just so I'm clear, you're good with the ATF raiding a guys farm, ruining his life, and stealing nearly half a million dollars over 1/2 once of the devils lettuce? That's not even why they raided his place. That was just the ONLY thing they were able to pin on him after what was clearly a b.s warrant to begin with.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Just so I'm clear, you're good with the ATF raiding a guys farm, ruining his life, and stealing nearly half a million dollars over 1/2 once of the devils lettuce? That's not even why they raided his place. That was just the ONLY thing they were able to pin on him after what was clearly a b.s warrant to begin with.  

No, but I have learned that obeying the law greatly decreases problems like this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny Rotten said:

I'm sure using 50# of Tannerite didn't draw that much of attention either.

I alluded to that in my earlier post. Pretty sure that's not illegal though. Like I said, He pissed off the ATF and they found a way to put him in prison. It's that simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Just so I'm clear, you're good with the ATF raiding a guys farm, ruining his life, and stealing nearly half a million dollars over 1/2 once of the devils lettuce? 

You are good with trying to impeach the President; and he hasn’t committed any crime. Why aren’t you okay with this?

I know you would like everyone to believe that this guy was railroaded and sent to prison over weed, but I doubt there is a single person on this forum that believes that.

If you feel so strongly about it; hook him up with a go fund me account or donate to his legal expenses.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I alluded to that in my earlier post. Pretty sure that's not illegal though. Like I said, He pissed off the ATF and they found a way to put him in prison. It's that simple. 

Noted.... Dave, don't piss off the ATF. 

Okay, I won't.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun thread.

Erik, to be fair and honest, I haven’t a clue who this guy is or what happened to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I alluded to that in my earlier post. Pretty sure that's not illegal though. Like I said, He pissed off the ATF and they found a way to put him in prison. It's that simple. 

These guys thought the same, moderation is key

Notable incidents[edit]

A Minnesota man was fined $2,583 and sentenced to three years' probation[10] on charges of detonating an explosive device and unlawful possession of components for explosives after he detonated 100 lb (45 kg) of Tannerite inside the bed of a dump truck by shooting it with a rifle chambered in .50 BMG from 300 yards (270 m) away on January 14, 2008, in Red Wing, Minnesota. The man was on probation when he mixed and shot the Tannerite and was not allowed to possess firearms or explosives.[11][12]

A 20-year-old man in Busti, New York, shot 18 lb (8.2 kg) of Tannerite on January 13, 2013, that sent a particularly "loud boom" through much of southern Chautauqua County, New York, and extending as far south as Pennsylvania, at least 3 miles away. Multiple other sounds of explosions were also reported in the incident. The explosive noise caused numerous phone calls to the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office, the New York State Police, and other law enforcement in the area.[13]

 

This was me, I was shooting a belt-fed at 1# of Tannerite it sucked so I taped 4-1# bags together with tape and called it C4, it still sucked but Terry thought otherwise.  

We have had to issue some new policies. As of 6-14-2015:
NO tanneriet
NO 50 cal BMG
NO machine guns
NO uncontroled semi-auto (battle rattle - bumpfire)

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

You are good with trying to impeach the President; and he hasn’t committed any crime. Why aren’t you okay with this?

This isn't the politics section and that has no relevance in this thread.  

1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

I know you would like everyone to believe that this guy was railroaded and sent to prison over weed, but I doubt there is a single person on this forum that believes that.

To be honest Dave, I don't care what you think.  You could disappear from this forum tomorrow and I'd barely notice. Much like a fart in the wind.

This forum is barely hanging on, aside from the classifieds which account for 90% of the posts here. God forbid I try to generate some conversation here over a topic I thought was relevant and interesting. Why you're trying to take it off topic with your response is anyone's guess. 

I do believe he was railroaded. The ATF raided his home based on charges that were false and it was determined their search warrant was illegal. The ONLY reason he was even able to be charged is because he had a minuscule amount of plant that makes people hungry and lazy.  He then had a small fortune of firearms stolen. So yes, I do believe that is the definition of government over reach.  It's not like they suspected him or running a drug operation and raided him for that reason.  If that were the case I'd have less sympathy. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

These guys thought the same, moderation is key

Notable incidents[edit]

A Minnesota man was fined $2,583 and sentenced to three years' probation[10] on charges of detonating an explosive device and unlawful possession of components for explosives after he detonated 100 lb (45 kg) of Tannerite inside the bed of a dump truck by shooting it with a rifle chambered in .50 BMG from 300 yards (270 m) away on January 14, 2008, in Red Wing, Minnesota. The man was on probation when he mixed and shot the Tannerite and was not allowed to possess firearms or explosives.[11][12]

A 20-year-old man in Busti, New York, shot 18 lb (8.2 kg) of Tannerite on January 13, 2013, that sent a particularly "loud boom" through much of southern Chautauqua County, New York, and extending as far south as Pennsylvania, at least 3 miles away. Multiple other sounds of explosions were also reported in the incident. The explosive noise caused numerous phone calls to the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office, the New York State Police, and other law enforcement in the area.[13]

 

This was me, I was shooting a belt-fed at 1# of Tannerite it sucked so I taped 4-1# bags together with tape and called it C4, it still sucked but Terry thought otherwise.  

We have had to issue some new policies. As of 6-14-2015:
NO tanneriet
NO 50 cal BMG
NO machine guns
NO uncontroled semi-auto (battle rattle - bumpfire)

 
 

 

Good point. But I would say that he was never prosecuted because of explosives violations. But to your point, he definitely attracted the wrong attention and it ultimately cost him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

To be honest Dave, I don't care what you think.  You could disappear from this forum tomorrow and I'd barely notice. Much like a fart in the wind.

Well….now you gone and done it; my feelings are hurt.

And the day before Thanksgiving! 😰

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

This isn't the politics section and that has no relevance in this thread.  

To be honest Dave, I don't care what you think.  You could disappear from this forum tomorrow and I'd barely notice. Much like a fart in the wind.

This forum is barely hanging on, aside from the classifieds which account for 90% of the posts here. God forbid I try to generate some conversation here over a topic I thought was relevant and interesting. Why you're trying to take it off topic with your response is anyone's guess. 

I do believe he was railroaded. The ATF raided his home based on charges that were false and it was determined their search warrant was illegal. The ONLY reason he was even able to be charged is because he had a minuscule amount of plant that makes people hungry and lazy.  He then had a small fortune of firearms stolen. So yes, I do believe that is the definition of government over reach.  It's not like they suspected him or running a drug operation and raided him for that reason.  If that were the case I'd have less sympathy. 

A little harsh?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

A little harsh?

Yep! But, the strange thing is, this thread is still humming right along............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines