FPS Russia Update

Erik88

Sounds like he has been on The Man’s radar for years.  I doubt blowing #### up is the reason but it may have been a catalyst for scrutiny, if you want to believe that.  

There still remains the unsolved murder of his business partner that he has hanging over him.

He didn’t get busted for a sack of weed, he was busted for having a highly concentrated THC weed derivative mailed to him in GA.

As absurd and draconian federal laws are regarding MJ, he should have known better.  He paid dearly from a monetary standpoint for something I am of the opinion of he could have avoided...but on the other hand is he really entirely to blame?

Edited by Garufa
23 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Sounds like FPS has been on The Man’s radar for years.  I doubt blowing #### up is the reason but it may have been a catalyst for scrutiny, if you want to believe that.  

There still remains the unsolved murder of his business partner that he has hanging over him.

He didn’t get busted for a sack of weed, he was busted for having a highly concentrated THC weed derivative mailed to him in GA.

As absurd and draconian federal laws are regarding MJ, he should have known better.  He paid dearly from a monetary standpoint for something I am of the opinion of he could have avoided...but on the other hand is he really entirely to blame?

Yep, the murder of Keith Ratliff is what brought in the GBI. The GBI believe Ratliff may have been killed by individual(s) he trusted.

But the cops picking on someone because that person likes guns and they smoke weed makes a better story.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, Erik88 said:

Who cares? It was half an ounce. Who was he hurting?

You and me.   The good law abiding citizens.   All drug users are theives and murderers.  If you don't believe me, look through some other threads and you'll see that some former cops said so. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Pretty sure it was Dave.  Doesn't matter though.   So many republicans agree with that sentiment. 

Your comment was plural but your response is singular. For the record, I saw no difference between MJ and alcohol other than the GOVERNMENT declared it illegal making it incumbent upon me to enforce it. Had it been legal I wouldn't have given a crap.

10 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Your comment was plural but your response is singular. For the record, I saw no difference between MJ and alcohol other than the GOVERNMENT declared it illegal making it incumbent upon me to enforce it. Had it been legal I wouldn't have given a crap.

You made the choice to enforce it.   You chose that.   Don't make yourself a victim.  

32 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

You and me.   The good law abiding citizens.   All drug users are theives and murderers.  If you don't believe me, look through some other threads and you'll see that some former cops said so. 

14 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Pretty sure it was Dave.  Doesn't matter though.   So many republicans agree with that sentiment. 

I said that all  drug users are thieves and murderers?

I will say that stoned or not "I before E except after C" is easy to remember.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I said that all  drug users are thieves and murderers?

I will say that stoned or not "I before E except after C" is easy to remember.

Whoever it was made it clear that drug users were evil and gonna rob or murder us all if we legalized drugs.  

And if all you can attack is my misspelling of a word, you are focusing on the wrong thing.   I before E except after C is used to teach elementary school kids but it has so many exceptions that it isn't worth using.   Just out of curiosity and not bashing or anything but are you a touch typer?  I type all day, every day and average near triple digit WPM.  I often type without looking at what I'm typing and I don't always catch my mistakes when reading afterwards.   Thank you for catching my mistake.  

11 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Whoever it was made it clear that drug users were evil and gonna rob or murder us all if we legalized drugs.  

And if all you can attack is my misspelling of a word, you are focusing on the wrong thing.   I before E except after C is used to teach elementary school kids but it has so many exceptions that it isn't worth using.   Just out of curiosity and not bashing or anything but are you a touch typer?  I type all day, every day and average near triple digit WPM.  I often type without looking at what I'm typing and I don't always catch my mistakes when reading afterwards.   Thank you for catching my mistake.  

You are welcome. The I/E thing was a joke. ;) But your response tells me you weren’t high when you read it. :up:

22 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Probably thinking of me. I doubt I ever said ALL, but drug use and burglary do go hand in hand in my experience.

• Like 1

Knowingly breaking the law, as absurd as it may be, and not staying under the radar is just stupid.  I'm sure they could find something on most of us, so why give them the opportunity to look? 

I am in the pot legalisation corner, not because I smoke it, or want to, but because I see it as no different that alcohol, actually better.  But, if I choose to puff on some, in Colorado where I grew up and often visit, I know the risks I would be taking, so I'd have nobody to blame but me if I were to lose my security clearance, job, guns, etc.  I would not blame LE for enforcing the law, or my boss for enforcing the rules, it's the law. 

I go at least 5 to 7 over the speed limit in most places, and even when I see LEO on the side of the road, feeling that since I'm usually going slower than the rest I'll be ok.   But if he decides to pull me over and write me up, I've accepted that risk, and while I may feel he should have pulled over the guy that blew past us, I can't say I'm innocent.  

In his case, him knowing he is a person of interest, for a murder, he only has himself to blame.  Do I feel that a pot bust is stupid, you bet, but it doesn't make him innocent.  As to the weapons, or any personal property, I think he should be given the opportunity to dispose of them, using a third party.  The government has no right to take personal property unless in the case of drug pushers or other illicit business which used those funds to acquire the property.  And even then, it should take a conviction and a court order to confiscate it permanently.  If the case is thrown out, or if evidence doesn't prove illicit funds were used to purchase it, then it should be returned immediately to them.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

You are welcome. The I/E thing was a joke. ;) But your response tells me you weren’t high when you read it. :up:

I've never been high.   So pretty unlikely that I would have been.   Even when I could really use some medical drugs, I have a hard time finding anything that has an affect on me.  

5 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

So, I'm guessing you're not real thrilled about Trump's plan to classify the cartels as terrorist organizations.

As for FPS Russia, that was easily avoidable.  If you thumb your nose at the ATF by mag dumping a minigun until the barrels are orange and post it on youtube, you better have your ducks in a row at the homestead.  

Edited by deerslayer
1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

So, I'm guessing you're not real thrilled about Trump's plan to classify the cartels as terrorist organizations.

As for FPS Russia, that was easily avoidable.  If you thumb your nose at the ATF by mag dumping a minigun until the barrels are orange and post it on youtube, you better have your ducks in a row at the homestead.  

I don’t understand the need to classify things as terrorist orgs or hate crimes.  Punish the crime correctly and we don’t need this classification bullcrap.  

33 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Breaking the law is breaking the law and you pay for it if caught!

Don't break the law and you will not have to pay for it!

That ain’t always true.   Plenty of innocent men have been incarcerated, put to death or even just had their assets seized.  

8 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I don’t understand the need to classify things as terrorist orgs or hate crimes.  Punish the crime correctly and we don’t need this classification bullcrap.  

I'm with you on the hate crime stuff--murdering this guy should carry the same penalty as murdering that guy.  

As for the classification thing, if calling them a terrorist organization is a required step in the red tape process before the gloves come off, then I'm all for it.  They should have already been off.  Or it may be a bunch of hype and nothing new happens.  

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

You made the choice to enforce it.   You chose that.   Don't make yourself a victim.  

Victim? How's that making me a victim?  :bowrofl:

Never mind. Consider that a rhetorical question. I've noticed that you have a history of lumping people together and judging them all by your own prejudices, so I'm not really interested in an answer.

Edited by E4 No More
54 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Victim? How's that making me a victim?  :bowrofl:

Never mind. Consider that a rhetorical question. I've noticed that you have a history of lumping people together and judging them all by your own prejudices, so I'm not really interested in an answer.

You made it clear that the GOVERNMENT (your way of typing it) was to blame, and not you.   You said that they made it "incumbent" on you to enforce it.   Incumbent, or necessary.    Most cops I interact with love to tell me they are just doing their job and play like they are victims to the evil legislators.   If that's not your position, sorry for lumping you in.   

• Like 1
  • Moderators
41 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

You made it clear that the GOVERNMENT (your way of typing it) was to blame, and not you.   You said that they made it "incumbent" on you to enforce it.   Incumbent, or necessary.    Most cops I interact with love to tell me they are just doing their job and play like they are victims to the evil legislators.   If that's not your position, sorry for lumping you in.   

“I vas joost following ze orders.”

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

“I vas joost following ze orders.”

I don’t know a single cop that would apologize or make excuses for making an arrest; unless it was a case where their discretion was taken away. (Felonies, DUI, and Domestic Violence; I had no discretion).

I had discretion in a misdemeanor drug situation. Usually their attitude directed that outcome. And that’s what I taught my kids, so they didn’t have to catch a criminal charge because they were being an idiot.

• Like 1