Glocks annoucement on December 10

tercel89

Well…not only is it news; but its legendary News!!

Apparently it will be especially exciting if you register online for this extraordinary experience at Glock, and watch it live, December 10th at 10:00 am EST.  

I’m not a Glockster and they probably do a background check to see if you really own a Glock or if you are trying to sneak in. So I’ll have to hurry up and wait right here for one of you to fill us in.

:leaving:

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Apparently it will be especially exciting if you register online for this extraordinary experience at Glock, and watch it live, December 10th at 10:00 am EST.  

I’m not a Glockster and they probably do a background check to see if you really own a Glock or if you are trying to sneak in. So I’ll have to hurry up and wait right here for one of you to fill us in.

I did register. lol

Maybe out of boredom. I don't know. But in the requested comment, I asked for a carbine(preferably in 45acp) or a true 22 caliber Glock with working mags. I do have a 17 frame with an Adv. Arms upper, but the mags with it are a pain in the butt to load.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I was sure you were going with "I'll have to hurry up and buy one!"

3 hours ago, TomInMN said:

Didn't they build the 10mm guns on the .45acp frame because the round is too much (horsepower or simply physical size) for the 9mm-sized frames?

IIRC, the 21 was an off shoot of the 20 vs the other other way around. It was built big for the pressures. And they just relieved the 10mm parts to get the bigger opening for the 45 and had enough meat left to make the lower pressure 45 OK.

10 hours ago, tercel89 said:

The last few years all Glock has done was made 9mm this and that.  

This would be just about all the manufacturers since it seems like there is no other pistol caliber now beside 9mm.   All other ones are red headed stepchildren.   :) I almost get embarrassed to say I recently bought one of the new Ruger Carbines in 40S&W...  

7 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

This would be just about all the manufacturers since it seems like there is no other pistol caliber now beside 9mm.   All other ones are red headed stepchildren.   :) I almost get embarrassed to say I recently bought one of the new Ruger Carbines in 40S&W...  

You should be ashamed. While 40S&W is the ultimate round for semi-auto carry handguns, and truly a miracle round; its not a rifle round. Your Carbine should be a .308 Winchester.

6 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

You should be ashamed. While 40S&W is the ultimate round for semi-auto carry handguns, and truly a miracle round; its not a rifle round. Your Carbine should be a .308 Winchester.

Ha.    While I would agree the .308 is one of the best "all around" rifle calibers, it doesn't fit the classification of a PC Carbine.    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

While 40S&W is the ultimate round for semi-auto carry handguns,

That's blasphemy talk in today's climate.   :) 

My previous carry was a Shield in .40 (almost unheard of) but I recently converted to a Sig P365.    The P365 offers 13 rounds in 9mm vs. 8 rounds of .40 in a slightly smaller package.     But wait there's more, when you factor in the spare P365 mag which is 15 rounds.     My spare Shield mag was a +1 so that gave me a total of 16 rounds of .40 with the Shield vs 28 rounds of 9mm with the P365.   I couldn't pass that up.    

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

That's blasphemy talk in today's climate.   :) 

My previous carry was a Shield in .40 (almost unheard of) but I recently converted to a Sig P365.    The P365 offers 13 rounds in 9mm vs. 8 rounds of .40 in a slightly smaller package.     But wait there's more, when you factor in the spare P365 mag which is 15 rounds.     My spare Shield mag was a +1 so that gave me a total of 16 rounds of .40 with the Shield vs 28 rounds of 9mm with the P365.   I couldn't pass that up.    

Sure, but now not only are you stuck with a Sig, but you are stuck with a 9MM Sig.

I carry a Shield in the .40S&W. I know just the thought of firing that round scares the faint of heart, and the women and children.

I also (Sometimes) carry a M2.0 40 Compact 4”. It has 13 rounds, but will take my 15 round full size mags. If I get into something 13 rounds of .40S&W can’t get me out of…. it was nice knowing you guys; I had a good ride.

I also have a full size M&P 9mm. It does a great job of punching holes in paper and doesn’t scare the small children.

IMqZnm1.gif

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Trekbike said:

You should be. 🤣🤣🤣

just kidding! You should buy what you like. 🙂