Glocks annoucement on December 10

tercel89

17 hours ago, TGO David said:

Which finger?  Legitimate question... even though it's practically begging for humor.

My trigger finger. Every Glock that I've ever had, (22 when I was a cop, and a 20 & 29), makes my finger sore where it moves across the trigger guard. It only happens with Glocks. I still have my 20 because my 10mm is my "fun" gun. I carry my Slim 9 or P320 and have no issues like that.

• Like 1

I never have liked Glucks. Or any other plastic toy for that matter. Never could understand the rabid fan boy attraction for these things. :shrug:

Handgun perfection is the 1911. :D

But since everybody is on pins and needles anticipating the big announcement with baited breath, I'll let the cat outta the bag. 

Glock is gonna build the prefect AR-15. :puke: 

I keep Glocks and Ar-15s because they are the lowest common denominator. If things go bad, I can probably find parts easily. I do not prefer them though. A S&W in .32 S&W I have is a much nicer reliable gun, but parts and ammo would be scarce.  So Glock can announce whatever they want. Unfortunately, almost immediately some people will try to sell their previous gen or model to "upgrade". 

On 12/1/2019 at 11:45 AM, Trekbike said:

That's blasphemy talk in today's climate.   :) 

My previous carry was a Shield in .40 (almost unheard of) but I recently converted to a Sig P365.    The P365 offers 13 rounds in 9mm vs. 8 rounds of .40 in a slightly smaller package.     But wait there's more, when you factor in the spare P365 mag which is 15 rounds.     My spare Shield mag was a +1 so that gave me a total of 16 rounds of .40 with the Shield vs 28 rounds of 9mm with the P365.   I couldn't pass that up.    

The P365 completely changed my philosophy on handguns.  If I could only own one handgun to protect me and mine... this would be it.  And I was a Glock fan boy.... and quite the collector of 1911's...

• Like 1
  • Administrator
On 12/2/2019 at 3:34 AM, E4 No More said:

My trigger finger. Every Glock that I've ever had, (22 when I was a cop, and a 20 & 29), makes my finger sore where it moves across the trigger guard. It only happens with Glocks. I still have my 20 because my 10mm is my "fun" gun. I carry my Slim 9 or P320 and have no issues like that.

Gotcha. For me, I end up with "Glock Knuckle" on my middle finger from wedging it hard up against the underside of the trigger guard, unless I polish that area to a near-mirror finish first.

21 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Gotcha. For me, I end up with "Glock Knuckle" on my middle finger from wedging it hard up against the underside of the trigger guard, unless I polish that area to a near-mirror finish first.

Undercutting the trigger guard changed my life. I use to have the same issues with my 19. Oddly not my 17 though. The hump on the 19 doesn't fit my hands right. I feel like you probably tried this though.

On topic: I'm going to guess the rotating barrel from the German Glock.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cch2a said:

Undercutting the trigger guard changed my life. I use to have the same issues with my 19. Oddly not my 17 though. The hump on the 19 doesn't fit my hands right. I feel like you probably tried this though.

On topic: I'm going to guess the rotating barrel from the German Glock.

That would suck because of the extra moving parts. But I have wondered if that was it. 

10 hours ago, TGO David said:

I've experienced that too. I have XXXL hands and have just chalked it up to the fact that no factory handgun is going to "fit" my hand. I haven't tried the polishing for fear of decreasing resale value should I ever want to sell it. My 20 is just for fun so it is likely the first to go should I need/want to downsize. It's just odd that only Glocks do that to my finger.

• Moderators

I'd cross my fingers for a carbine competing with a CZ Scorpion, a really nice .22lr pistol.

However, I'm wondering if maybe something related to this:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/24/new-glock-46-rotating-barrel-lockup-german-police-trials/

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, GlockSpock said:

I'd cross my fingers for a carbine competing with a CZ Scorpion, a really nice .22lr pistol.

However, I'm wondering if maybe something related to this:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/24/new-glock-46-rotating-barrel-lockup-german-police-trials/

If they do a pistol cartridge rifle , I think it would be a CZ Scorpion style or some "military" style rifle. I just don't see Glock making a rifle that looks like the Ruger pistol carbine which looks like a hunting style/conventional style  rifle.  Sad thing is that is they do make any rifle , I bet the price will be sky high.

1 hour ago, Steelharp said:

One of our distributors said he knows, but was warned anyone that let the cat out of the bag would be fired.

And Glock is serious when they make that threat.  I did get a hint; we’ll sort of.  They said don’t be expecting a revolutionary breakthrough because this isn’t it.  

37 minutes ago, Patton said:

And Glock is serious when they make that threat.  I did get a hint; we’ll sort of.  They said don’t be expecting a revolutionary breakthrough because this isn’t it.  

Jeepers. If Glock said that, I'm sure it'll be a nothing burger. I mean, finger grooves is a huge change in their product line.

Of course, maybe that does mean a huge announcement... 🤔

1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

Jeepers. If Glock said that, I'm sure it'll be a nothing burger. I mean, finger grooves is a huge change in their product line.

It took three Gens to get rid of the grooves.  Maybe they’ll make every model a Gen 5, or better yet go back to 2.