Glocks annoucement on December 10

tercel89

11 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Rimmed cartridges, right?

That is certainly what most will have you believe using conventional thoughts out there. But if one looks, and not too far, they see the impossible delivered which should make one wonder. Truth is, it just takes engineering and a good design. Which cost money. Which eats into profits, etc etc.

Two examples of the impossible that come to mind. My Beretta 92's conversion kit 15 rounds which feed perfectly. And right up top, hipower's reference to the Taurus with its 16 round capacity. 22wmr is not 22lr, but rimiless, But Keltec manages to squeeze 30 of them into a non curved mag.

A couple years ago peeps said it was impossible to get more rounds in a micro 9, remember. 7 or 8. But both Sig and SA put more than $20 into R&D of conventional mags and sorted it out.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Erich said:

That is certainly what most will have you believe using conventional thoughts out there. But if one looks, and not too far, they see the impossible delivered which should make one wonder. Truth is, it just takes engineering and a good design. Which cost money. Which eats into profits, etc etc.

Two examples of the impossible that come to mind. My Beretta 92's conversion kit 15 rounds which feed perfectly. And right up top, hipower's reference to the Taurus with its 16 round capacity. 22wmr is not 22lr, but rimiless, But Keltec manages to squeeze 30 of them into a non curved mag.

A couple years ago peeps said it was impossible to get more rounds in a micro 9, remember. 7 or 8. But both Sig and SA put more than $20 into R&D of conventional mags and sorted it out.

There is no doubt others are now聽making reliable .22 mags that break the 10 round barrier, but we are talking about Glock here.

• Haha 2

I assume the 10 round limit is so they can sell in most any state, without having multiple model numbers. But that just a WAG. It could be so you have to buy more mags. I guess that just depends on who is making the 15-20 round mags when they come out in January.

Do magazine manufacturers have to pay a royalty to the firearms manufacturer when they make a magazine to fit their pistol?

The new .22 Taurus has a 16 round mag.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, Garufa said:

There is no doubt others are now聽making reliable .22 mags that break the 10 round barrier, but we are talking about Glock here.

Which is why they ain't getting my money. But as you say that, from what I'm guessing is a dislike of the Austrian polymer wonder, you may be forgetting that when they came out they were the innovators with high capacity in a small package as a main selling feature.

I find that last bit the ultimate and most failing irony in their lost in the crowd offering. They seem to have forgotten what brought them to the party me thinks.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Erich said:

Which is why they ain't getting my money. But as you say that, from what I'm guessing is a dislike of the Austrian polymer wonder, you may be forgetting that when they came out they were the innovators with high capacity in a small package as a main selling feature.

I find that last bit the ultimate and most failing irony in their lost in the crowd offering. They seem to have forgotten what brought them to the party me thinks.

I agree with you on the irony comment. They were the creators of high capacity in a pistol. But now they are 10 rds max with this . Hopefully it changes . At this point , my Ruger MKIII works great and doesn't need replacing. I say this and I am a HUGE Glock owner and fan .聽

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one, think it will be a fun gun.聽 I have an AA conversion kit that runs so-so, I'm hoping the G44 will be a bit better.聽 15 round magazines would be nicer than 10 round, but doesn't really bother me that much.

I had been considering a Ruger SR22 to fill the same role, but I'm used to Glock triggers and don't really care for the backward SR safety.