Sign in to follow this  
Grayfox54

Why approval takes so long

Got this in e-mail today. Seems like ATF is trying hard, but swamped and outdated.  The real culprit is the FBI. 

STORY HERE

• Like 1

This is 2019 and all this is stupid. Having people check applications by hand is ridiculous. A computer could check hundreds in the time it takes a human to check a few. Computers have OCR and can read.

A Suppressor or SBR should need nothing more than a background check; same as a firearm.

Letting attorneys get involved and having “Trusts” is ridiculous. When you die the item goes to someone that can pass the same background check you went through; it’s that simple.

But yes, if you screw up your application it gets kicked and you have to address the issue. You then go back to the end of the line. No whining, crying, or thinking life should be fair; do it right the first time.

It's hard to take anything any of them say seriously. If the new system would have worked in the long term then let it be. The hole process is a 🤬 show. IMO

I just waited 18 month for 2 stamps.  Ridiculous.  Anything has to be better than what they are doing now. 

Guest BCR#1

I dealer is starting to see some come back after 3-4 months.

Bill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Links2k
      9mm: M13.5×1 LH (AC1561)
      If anyone has one for sale or know where I can purchase one I would greatly appreciate the information.
      Thanks!
    • By Squidly
      I would like to build out an AR15 platform in .300 Blackout with a 12.5" barrel but I am really confused about the various legal issues and NFA requirements (tax stamp) ect.  I don't really care about suppressors at this time and don't plan on using suppressors presently, so for this build that isn't an issue.  Does anyone know of a good guide regarding this topic?  I am a little confused between things like SBR and AR15 Pistol.  How do they differ physically?  How do they differ legally?  What is required concerning NFA rules and regulations to build a 12.5" barrel AR15?
      So many questions, so little time 🙂
      I am in the process of building out my parts list and plans but would like to know what sort of legal hoops I can expect (or not expect) concerning NFA requirements so I can plan appropriately.
      Thank you in advance!
    • By F4iGuy599
      What is the legality of conceal carrying an SBR? Are they considered under the same laws as long guns?

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines