Shield EZ in 9mm?

Steelharp

13 minutes ago, Garufa said:

People have been screaming for a 9mm EZ since the .380 came out.

I remain on the side of physics. How is a high pressure round going to work in a pistol an old lady can operate?

Maybe it’ll have enough pressure to operate properly. :)

Just to add on the topic I went to my local academy (clarksville) on Wednesday to buy a G3. While talking to the associate that was doing my transaction we somehow talked about the shield 380ez and I said wish they made a 9mm of it. He looked at me and smiled and said "well they did and we have a few back in the vault" i tried to get him info on the launch date and or price and he said that he cant say at all since the company did not want anything to be said before them. 

Sooo yeah its a thing and it should be hitting the street soon.

I've mentioned before that my wife picked up a .380 EZ in August. The first 200 or so rounds there were a few issues (magazine related feed failures), but as the 4 original magazines were worked again and again the issues disappeared. She has about 1200 rounds through it thus far and it's run smoothly and reliably the last 900 rounds. (No feed nor ejection issues). I'm quite impressed with the design.

I look forward to shooting the 9mm version when the opportunity presents itself. I'm hoping Point Blank in Knoxville will put one in their extensive rental gun battery.

Got to play with one at academy today. It's a lot lighter on every thing than my shield 2.0 but I don't have any issues with mine so needs to be reviewed by someone it's made for. There was a review today by Jerry. 

Edited by One1
  • Like 3

I try and make it my rule not to purchase any new gun until it has been on the market for a year. They will get the bugs worked out, if the new pistol has any. Just like the 380 EZ, some of the first ones gave trouble and Smith had to do some modifications. Now they are fairly reliable, if a 380 is adequate for self defense. At any rate, the 380 caliber is at the bottom of my preferences for a self defense pistol. I much preferer the 9 MM. 

I have 2 M P 9 C 2.0 4" that I conceal carry. So far one has been 100% and the other had 1 hiccup. Guess which I carry?

I carry my 9 C in a Aherns belt slide, or a Crossbreed IWB, with a cover garment for the belt slide.  I also have a 7 shot 38/357 revolver  I pocket carry in a Desantsis Nemesis that I have to open the holster opening a bit to get the 7 shot cylinder to go into.  My wife sews the opening back using her sewing machine.

This policy has worked well for me. I say, "Why be S W's Guiney Pig?" The M P line of pistols are good ones, for plastic guns. Now that is "My Opinion." We all got one, don't we? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pop pop said:

Now that is "My Opinion." We all got one, don't we? 

I wouldn't want it any other way. If we all liked the same gun and the same caliber; they would cost a bunch more than they do. Those Glock guys and 9mm guys make my World Class M&P 40's, and 40 ammo, more affordable; God love em'

• Like 1
On 12/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, graycrait said:

I have the 380 version and it has never failed with any ammo. Up till I saw this I was pretty sure I was through buying more handguns.  

I tried racking the 380 and new 9mm, side-by-side.  The 9mm was significantly tougher than the 380, even if it was not as tough as a regular Shield 9mm.  If someone has enough hand weakness, arthritis, etc., the 380 might still be the way to go.

I went to buy the 9mm EZ for my students, and backed off because it was not as EZ as I thought it would be.  I was wanting something my students could feel confident racking.  They would be more confident with the 380, but I personally do not like 380's, so I ended up not buying anything right now.  Time to re-think.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, DaveTN said:

I wouldn't want it any other way. If we all liked the same gun and the same caliber; they would cost a bunch more than they do. Those Glock guys and 9mm guys make my World Class M&P 40's, and 40 ammo, more affordable; God love em'

Agreed. I don't shoot much 40, but when I do, I realize that I actually like it. lol

I sure miss the G24 I sold a few years ago. I keep thinking I might look around for one again.

Lastly, my 2nd fav 40 is a Taurus PT 100. Really.

• Like 1