Deer Hunt

I got the chance to go deer hunting last evening. I went with my grandson, that was burned in the bon-fire accident. He is doing better and has improved considerably. He still has a few spots, of infection, that has not totally cleared up but His Dr said, "If he kept on improving he would be able to go back to school after the new year break is over." He still has some bad arms but will possibly take a the next year totally heal. He had 3rd degree burns on both arms and hands. His face is healed almost completely except for some pinkish skin which the Dr said should dissipate over time.

We sit in a ground blind and finally just right at the end of shooting light had gone, two does walked in and a buck came into the food plot, a short time later, to feed. He asked if I though he should try for the buck, I told him it was too dark so he let him walk. I didn't want to tell him but my old eyes could hardly see the buck's  antlers. Oh FOR YOUNG EYES! 

Any ways it was great fun. I don't have a deer tag and he has filled both his doe tags, but has 2 buck tags remaining. It was great to spend 3 hours with my 15 year old grandson hunting. It was nice, and peaceful to watch nature go to sleep. I may go with him again to another farm of a friends , if the opportunity presents itself.  All the years my father and I hunted, we never saw not one deer that was within our kill zones in Eastern KY..  Deer are plentiful, now, in this area of Middle TN.

Great, great times.

• Like 6

Sounds great. I get to go with Dad in a couple weekends. 

We were the same as I grew up. First day I ever hunted I saw 1 doe too far out for my confidence level. Never saw another doe or buck all the years until last year. 

Of course I did see a huge buck while I was squirrel hunting as a kid. He almost ran me over. If he had not seen me that .410 single shot with birdshot wouldn't have stopped him.  

My 14 year old took one a couple years ago with my father-in-law. Has no more interest in it now. Of course I did not bring him up hunting because I didn't have a chance for years. 

Glad to hear he is improving. Attitude is a large part of it. Hope he is back to 110% soon. 

Pop, that was a great story. That will help him more than you may know. Some of the best times were with my Pa squirrel hunting & my uncle also. Both gone now, but I think of it all the time, and miss it so. I'd love to go just one more time..........

Thanks, & enjoy