Virginia Sheriff

Really is crap what the politicians are doing in Virginia-seems that they forgot who they actually work for.

Why are our Second Amendment rights always under attack-I have never read or heard anywhere that we should put muzzles on Democrats to curb the first Amendment rights.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, krunchnik said:

Really is crap what the politicians are doing in Virginia-seems that they forgot who they actually work for.

Why are our Second Amendment rights always under attack-I have never read or heard anywhere that we should put muzzles on Democrats to curb the first Amendment rights.

The left isn’t a fan of the 1st either. Like all authoritarians, they were fans of protecting their rights to speak out and protest while they were striving to gain power. Now that they’ve got it, they are doing their damnedest to silence the opposition because they know the danger folks speaking for reason, truth, and liberty pose when they start tightening the screws. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, peejman said:

An interesting tactic. I'd assume they'll be reserve or volunteer officers. I've thought about doing that myself. 

All able-bodied Men & Women should do that if even for a short time. Luckily you are not in a state where you need to do it to have gun privileges.

It’s a good thing that these Sheriffs are doing, as long as citizens don’t believe they can protect them if they break the law.

31 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Its good to see Sheriffs sticking up for what they believe in. Will it change anything? I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

Threatening deployment of the National Guard if LE doesn’t enforce the laws is a little over the top. They won’t need to. Sheriffs have a little protection because they can’t be fired; they would need to be impeached. But I’m sure the state legislature is more than willing to do that if they are willing to ban guns. Police Chiefs and cops don’t have any such protection; they will do as they are told or get fired. I’m sure there are plenty of applicants in line to fill the positions of those who take that stand.

Instead of falling on their swords they would accomplish more if they kept their jobs and just ignored the violations while working on getting the laws changed.

• Like 2

Some people online were claiming Guard troops would never go around and enforce gun laws. I guess they forgot about Katrina. 

I firmly believe that if ordered, they will do exactly as they are told. I doubt door to door searches would ever occur but that doesn't mean the guard will just ignore orders from the Governor. 

10 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

LekvyZ5.png

I keep seeing/hearing how many counties are in on the 2A Sanctuary movement...but I imagine a population density map juxtaposed against this would be less encouraging.  I doubt VA went blue in the last round of state elections from the hill and farmlands; it's the urban creep that made it happen.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I keep seeing/hearing how many counties are in on the 2A Sanctuary movement...but I imagine a population density map juxtaposed against this would be less encouraging.  I doubt VA went blue in the last round of state elections from the hill and farmlands; it's the urban creep that made it happen.

You’re not wrong. 

1 hour ago, btq96r said:

Same story nationwide. One of the reasons why the electoral college was created.  

• Like 2

These are the 6 biggest cities in VA. and their Top Cop. None are elected Sheriffs, all are appointed and can be replaced by either a city manager or city council.

Virginia Beach, Police Chief Jim Cervera appointed by City Manger

Norfolk, Police Chief Larry D. Boone appointed by City Manger

Chesapeake, Chief K. L. Wright appointed by City Manger

Richmond, Chief of Police William C. Smith, appointed by Mayor

Arlington, Chief Murray “Jay” Farr appointed by County Manager

Newport News, Chief Steve R. Drew appointed by City Manager

A chief deputy friend of mine said the majority of departments across the country are under-manned.  Definitely having trouble recruiting qualified applicants.  This situation in VA is probably not going to help that situation in the state, especially if there is a 'blue flu' when it comes down to door to door.

No one is going to randomly go door to door. And I’m pretty sure local law enforcement won’t need the help of the National Guard. If the law passes, they will seize them and make arrests as they find them or gain information on those who process them. Just as they do now in NJ and MA. (although MA didn’t pass legislation. They started enforcing old assault weapons bans.)

The only way to change that is to either vote the people that made or enforce those laws out of office or get the SCOTUS to rule that outlawing an AR is unconstitutional.

Democrats get elected because their voters either want paid by the government or want the government running their lives (perceived protections). To gain that, they are willing to give up freedoms, such as 2nd amendment rights, and pay more taxes.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

No one is going to randomly go door to door. And I’m pretty sure local law enforcement won’t need the help of the National Guard. If the law passes, they will seize them and make arrests as they find them or gain information on those who process them. Just as they do now in NJ and MA. (although MA didn’t pass legislation. They started enforcing old assault weapons bans.)

The only way to change that is to either vote the people that made or enforce those laws out of office or get the SCOTUS to rule that outlawing an AR is unconstitutional.

Democrats get elected because their voters either want paid by the government or want the government running their lives (perceived protections). To gain that, they are willing to give up freedoms, such as 2nd amendment rights, and pay more taxes.

The SCOTUS has defacto ruled that they CAN ban AR's. Look at the machine gun ban. It has basically been upheld, so if they can ban one class of guns, they can ban another. As long as we (gun owners and voting public) are willing to accept some level of gun control, it will never stop until they are all banned.

Not sure if this one was posted yet. Worth a watch.

As you can see by her telling him his red light was on and his time was up; they don’t care. As we see in the impeachment hearings, even though our legislators swore and oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that to bear true faith and allegiance to the same; they don’t care. Donald Trump swore to drain the swamp. The swamp is fighting back with a passion.

I have long said we aren’t going to get into an internal war again. It certainly won’t happen over gun control. But if this congress removes a President elected by us (the people); it wouldn’t take much to get things moving that way.

It’s not about people running their mouths in a bar or on an internet forum. But it is like a bar fight; you don’t have to worry about the guy that is running his mouth about what he is going to do; the guy that knocks you out while you are running your mouth is the one you should have worried about.

This can only be settled in the voting booth. Good American people lost control of the House in 2018. Should we lose anymore control; your guns, other than bolt action hunting rifles could be gone. And they may even try to take those.

Please vote.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Photoguy67 said:

The SCOTUS has defacto ruled that they CAN ban AR's. Look at the machine gun ban. It has basically been upheld, so if they can ban one class of guns, they can ban another. As long as we (gun owners and voting public) are willing to accept some level of gun control, it will never stop until they are all banned.

I agree with you. But we only have two options to change the law. Vote out democrats that want to ban AR’s. Or take cases to the SCOTUS and get a ruling.

AR’s and the machine gun ban aren’t a good comparison. Machine guns weren’t owned by millions of citizens that used them for sporting, home protection, and hunting.

We need the SCOTUS to rule on the whole “who and what constitutes a well regulated militia” argument. That’s the key for all gun laws. Because if it’s all of “The People”; all gun laws are done, including the ban on machine guns. If it is not all of the people and it is determined by the SCOTUS to be the Military and Police Departments; those in states that want gun control can kiss their guns goodbye.

I do not expect the SCOTUS to rule anytime soon that we can all strap on whatever we want and go walking down the street. There are states that would not comply. I believe Tennessee would be one of them. Otherwise we would have had Constitutional Carry by now.

The economy as an issue, and those wanting a handout from the government, are becoming a bigger voting block than those who work for a living, don’t depend on the government, and want to own guns for self-defense and the defense of their families. In the last three years we have started down a path to reverse that trend; but as you see not all gun owners are on our side.