S&W M&P

One1

I think these are pretty photogenic edc’s. No crazy appeal of a tactical, but nice to look at. I added a Talon grip to it and front sight is red now. 

Clickable thumbnails:

E8-B31-CF8-DD98-4847-89-A6-2-CF9-E8-EE4-

D5-BDDB29-F402-406-B-A6-A3-DF7-B66-DCDA7

80-E23-DB1-E1-EB-4765-9-C0-F-61-E907-E43

4-C9-DCA28-6134-4574-908-F-45-CE7-B364-B

13-BF581-E-C1-FB-4-F56-9663-726-E454518-

35-E6-B96-B-819-F-48-C8-8-B25-8-C35-BC03

8-EF72-C42-0626-4-C4-C-987-A-9237-DC83-F

9-B471-E99-4850-47-E1-948-F-AC6-FDCDCFE2

Edited by One1
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:44 PM, Snaveba said:

Picked this up in the beginning of February.

1FA6978D-A1B8-457A-B8E0-6CD85F1DFDC7.jpeg.788e0f3460cf384d0c9e417a599301ed.jpeg

7B66E164-6F4E-4D80-A2C3-581155E06B71.thumb.jpeg.ce641fa90fdabfd973d4dd5d9c608c28.jpeg
M&P 9 2.0 Compact with 4 15-round Mags. Very nice to shoot. Now I’m waiting for my tritium sights to arrive. 

I had, and still have several from the M&P line.

Prefer the compacts and the Shields to the full size 9, but I have not owned the FS 45. It does interest me, but not found a great price on one.

1 minute ago, hipower said:

I had, and still have several from the M&P line.

Prefer the compacts and the Shields to the full size 9, but I have not owned the FS 45. It does interest me, but not found a great price on one.

I had a FS 45. Worst trigger ever that didn't improve with use.

17 hours ago, hipower said:

Really? This is not good news. I guess the M&P 45 just dropped a few places on my wish list.

To be fair, it was several years ago, and I'm sure it's just like every other mass-produced firearm where triggers will vary even when they have consecutive serial numbers. I will say that I'll never allow a salesman to show me a firearm from the case, and after committing to the purchase, go in back and get another firearm to fulfill the order.

Edited by E4 No More
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, hipower said:

Really? This is not good news. I guess the M&P 45 just dropped a few places on my wish list.

Just try it out first. I had LEO M&P’s that had triggers that were okay. I bought a Performance Center M&P and the trigger was the worse I’ve ever seen on a handgun; worse than a Glock. It went back to S&W twice, the Firearms Director even got involved, and they still did nothing. I had to replace it with an Apex. I bought a M2.0 Compact 4” after that and it was okay.

Anyone can have a POS get through. It’s how they handle it when it happens. I think I had a CS supervisor that wanted to let me know who was running the show…and he did.

But that’s the risk I take when I order online.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Just try it out first. I had LEO M&P’s that had triggers that were okay. I bought a Performance Center M&P and the trigger was the worse I’ve ever seen on a handgun; worse than a Glock. It went back to S&W twice, the Firearms Director even got involved, and they still did nothing. I had to replace it with an Apex. I bought a M2.0 Compact 4” after that and it was okay.

Anyone can have a POS get through. It’s how they handle it when it happens. I think I had a CS supervisor that wanted to let me know who was running the show…and he did.

But that’s the risk I take when I order online.

The 9mm compact that I bought had a good trigger. Unfortunately, the magazine release would release the magazine when the gun was simply in the holster. I'd pull out the gun and the magazine would drop right on the floor. S&W sent me a new one, but it did the exact same thing. Ended up trading it in to get rid of it.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, hipower said:

Why?  Trigger "feel" is such a subjective, personal, opinionated thing that there's no way I'd let someone else's comments about a trigger deter me from considering a gun.  Go try one yourself.  You might think it's the best trigger ever.

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

The 9mm compact that I bought had a good trigger. Unfortunately, the magazine release would release the magazine when the gun was simply in the holster. I'd pull out the gun and the magazine would drop right on the floor. S&W sent me a new one, but it did the exact same thing. Ended up trading it in to get rid of it.

This sounds like a poorly designed holster.  Most good holsters have a relief around the mag release to prevent what you described, and I've seen many bad holsters cause exactly the problem you had.

If it really was the fault of the gun, somehow, the part they should have had you replace was the spring-rod in the grip that provides the resistance against the magazine release button.  The button itself wouldn't have needed to be replaced unless the portion that sticks into the magazine tube to secure it was broken off or damaged in some way.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

i-sVLVZDs-X3.jpg

Almost two years ago, my journey into the Dot Life started with this M&P M2.0 Compact that I had Primary Machine mill for an RMR. Since then I’ve moved wholly to handguns with red dot optics and parted with almost every one I owned that wasn’t set up for a dot sight.

This gun has sat at the back of a bottom shelf in my safe for the last year, after I poached its RMR for a different gun. Today I unburied it, added an RMR, and installed a new front sight of the appropriate height from 10-8 Performane to fix a minor problem I had with the irons not really printing POA/POI.

Sometimes it’s fun to return to your roots and spend some time running a gun that started something new for you. I’m looking forward to getting back to the range soon with this one.

I have a Shield with laser that I really like. I have been wanting to get the 2.0 compact with laser also. The one thing holding me back... I can’t find any kind of holster selection for the 2.0 compact with laser. 

Anybody know of a holster for a 2.0 compact w/ laser?  Definitely IWB. Preference would be kydex, but open to see what is out there.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Buzz said:

I have a Shield with laser that I really like. I have been wanting to get the 2.0 compact with laser also. The one thing holding me back... I can’t find any kind of holster selection for the 2.0 compact with laser. 

Anybody know of a holster for a 2.0 compact w/ laser?  Definitely IWB. Preference would be kydex, but open to see what is out there.

I’d send an email to the guys over at Squared Away Customs to see if they have the molds for it. I don’t see that one listed, but they’ve got all the others so I’d check with them. They make really good holster. I’ve got 3 of them in different styles for my M&Ps. 

12 hours ago, TGO David said:

This sounds like a poorly designed holster.  Most good holsters have a relief around the mag release to prevent what you described, and I've seen many bad holsters cause exactly the problem you had.

If it really was the fault of the gun, somehow, the part they should have had you replace was the spring-rod in the grip that provides the resistance against the magazine release button.  The button itself wouldn't have needed to be replaced unless the portion that sticks into the magazine tube to secure it was broken off or damaged in some way.

In my case it was like the trigger was binding on something so not really subjective. I should have sent it to S&W but it happened at the same time I was having the magazine release problem with the 9c so the experience gave me a poor impression of the M&P. The 9c did have a good trigger.

The holster was a CrossBreed Supertuck holster. The only part that the release could touch was the large leather pad that protects your side and that the Kydex is riveted to. I used the same holster for my 1911 and my P320 without the same problem. :shrug: 

I must have been sleeping when the responses came in. I also have a 45 full size (the bigger, big) extended long slide. Can confirm it’s hands down the worst trigger ever put on a Smith. If they had used a potato I wouldn’t notice. 

F458CFA3-D6E1-4164-A060-88772695FA41.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't owned an M&P since about 2010. Bought my first in 40cal in 2008. Learned to dislike that trigger once I tried another brand. Anywho, picked up the FDE 2.0 compact with the 4" barrel this past week. What a change since I bought my last one. One holster ordered and ordering a leather rig in a few weeks. Always wanted a compact grip with a longer barrel. Missed out on the XDS 4" being unemployed. 

Borrowed photo until I get mine dirty.

spacer.png

• Like 1