Walmart Pistol Ammo Clearance now 50% off YMMV

You probably saw a couple of months ago where Walmart announced they wouldn't be selling pistol ammunition.  I had been watching and while there had been some markdowns there wasn't any price that couldn't be beat with bulk buying and in particular with Black Friday Specials and rebates happening. 

That changed as it has now dropped to 50% off today, or at least it did at the Ft. Henry Drive Kingsport location.  I was actually alerted to it by the clerk as I came up to check on prices.  It was it won't last long if all the sporting goods clerks are that proactive in letting folks know, but you may be able to snag a deal or too.  I couldn't pass up 9mm Rem UMC 250 rd mega packs for $25.  It was also a good excuse to buy some premium self defense ammo at a great price. 

The earlier discounts had thinned some of the variety down, but it seemed that every common caliber still had something on the shelf.  I don't know if this is system wide or just a single store, but its worth checking if you need more ammo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a Walmart clearance thread on arfcom with a bunch of SKUs, and it is also posted on Slick Deals if you want to check specific calibers and potential availability.

I grabbed 1k of 9mm for 10cpr (after tax!) and 800 rounds of 5.56 for 16cpr. I wish I had grabbed more yesterday but left a few boxes for the next person....but today I'm going for more.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 1796 said:

I just bought the last few boxes of 9mm at my local WM. All they had was WWB 115gr FMJ, but $9 for 100 was still a good price. There was still a little .380, .357 and .45 left and plenty of .40.

5 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Imagine that. 🤔

😂😂

Whaaaat?? Must get dressed and get to Walmart. :panic:

I'm just kidding. I have more 40 than Walmart. Besides that, now all the guys/gals that carry The Right Stuff headed over there. 

• Haha 1

Multiple managers have said the corporate directive is 22LR, hunting rounds (30-06, .308, etc but soft point only), and shotgun ammo.

And if you haven't heard, anything left on shelves as of 12-29 is being donated to local PD. Two managers told me no further price drops are forthcoming, but who knows for sure. Either way, can't pass on sub-10cpr 9mm and sub-16cpr 5.56!

• Like 1

Made a stop by Bristol, VA exit 7. when I left there were still several boxes of white box Win .38 ($9), Hst .380, ($9), and did have some .223 ($14 ??) and 7.62x51. No 5.56 or 7.62 x 39. 

I picked up some .38 Win, .38 HST, and .380 HST.

I also noticed reloading stuff (bullets, dies, and such) seemed to be clearancing out too. 

This is a weird deal. I have been to several different Wal-Mart's. The one at Harding and Nolensville and the one on Murfreesboro rd in antioch. Neither one of them has these incredible prices. Their ammo cases still have a fair amount of ammo in them.

2 minutes ago, broox said:

This is a weird deal. I have been to several different Wal-Mart's. The one at Harding and Nolensville and the one on Murfreesboro rd in antioch. Neither one of them has these incredible prices. Their ammo cases still have a fair amount of ammo in them.

Looking at pistol?

50 minutes ago, broox said:

Did you ask if it was on sale?  I stopped by one today that was completely wiped out but they did not have any sale signs on the ammo case.  The clerk said a guy came in yesterday and bought $2400 worth of ammo.