Daniel Defense MK18 Pistol

KyMo488

Thought I’d share my current favorite “pistol”. Had to sell a few to fund this one but I really like it. I have an DD M4A1 that I run an ACOG on which makes a great big brother to this! 

Set up:

-DD MK 18 10.3” 5.56

-Geissele SD-C trigger

-Eotech XPS2-0

-Surefire Warcomp

-TangoDown VFG (meets 26” OAL)

-Magpul Pro Iron Sights

-Surefire Mini Scout M300 with pressure pad

-SB Tactical A3 Brace 

-Lancer Mags

Thanks for looking :)

E11E4B00-D4EB-4437-B0F3-2AF8BEBA6CC5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Very nice.  Full disclosure I am a bit of a Daniel Defense fanboy since going to their armorer course and touring the factory.  I have a M4V7 14.5" SLW and a .300 10.3 V7 I use on SWAT.  Both are super accurate and reliable. Little overgassed is the only complaint I have. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cch2a said:

Very nice.  Full disclosure I am a bit of a Daniel Defense fanboy since going to their armorer course and touring the factory.  I have a M4V7 14.5" SLW and a .300 10.3 V7 I use on SWAT.  Both are super accurate and reliable. Little overgassed is the only complaint I have. 

Oh man, I’ve always wanted to tour their facility! This is my 3rd DD, and I too am a fanboy. Their quality is excellent and I love their barrels. A .300 BLK 10.3” is on the horizon for me, I’ve always wanted one! 

6 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Top shelf setup, quite a beauty.  I'd be in favor of SBR'ing it...but I understand the logic in keeping some guns in pistol configuration legally and logistically.

I’ve been going back and forth.. I have a B5 SOPMOD stock just sittin’ in my parts bin just begging to be put on a rifle lol But there are definite benefits to keeping it as a pistol, especially for out of state training.. 

19 hours ago, KyMo488 said:

I’ve been going back and forth.. I have a B5 SOPMOD stock just sittin’ in my parts bin just begging to be put on a rifle lol But there are definite benefits to keeping it as a pistol, especially for out of state training.. 

The B5 is a solid choice that can't go wrong...but for the setup you have, this stock would seem to be more congruent to the overall package.

https://www.lwrci.com/LWRCI-Compact-Adjustable-Stock_p_49.html

Fantasy matching, really.  Your reasons for keeping it as a pistol are quite logical, I've just never been a fan of the brace craze.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

The B5 is a solid choice that can't go wrong...but for the setup you have, this stock would seem to be more congruent to the overall package.

https://www.lwrci.com/LWRCI-Compact-Adjustable-Stock_p_49.html

Fantasy matching, really.  Your reasons for keeping it as a pistol are quite logical, I've just never been a fan of the brace craze.

Those stocks are great too.. I just love the cheek weld on SOPMODs. I think I’ll probably keep it as a pistol for now and work on getting a can for it first, maybe SBR later down the road.