Heres a damascus I did.

I like it. But did the blade shrink on you? lol Sorry, I'm just wacky tonight. 

Seriously though, seems a bit short on the blade length to me. Bet it would look awesome with a long blade. But I'm not doing them, so my opinions don't matter, and I couldn't do what you did either.

Edited by hipower
7 hours ago, hipower said:

I like it. But did the blade shrink on you? lol Sorry, I'm just wacky tonight. 

Seriously though, seems a bit short on the blade length to me. Bet it would look awesome with a long blade. But I'm not doing them, so my opinions don't matter, and I couldn't do what you did either.

The blade blank had kind of a short turned up point. I agree, the handle is a little longer than blade.

• Admin Team

Kits like these are a great gateway into showing yourself that you can actually complete a project like this.  Nice work.

The first knife I did was with hand files and I jig I made, sandpaper, a torch and a rare earth magnet.  It gave me the confidence to know I could it.

I doubt it'll be your last knife.

14 hours ago, Quavodus said:

The blade blank had kind of a short turned up point. I agree, the handle is a little longer than blade.

Re-read last night's post. Man, I sounded like a jerk. Please let that slide. 

I can appreciate what you did, and putting it out for others to see...that takes guts.

Just because I wasn't bowled over by it wasn't a reason for me to disparage your efforts. Hell I can't do it. 

Just because it didn't meet my likes was no reason to put it the way I did. figured I'd do my apology here rather than in a pm. I might learn to think before typing.

Merry Christmas to you.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, MacGyver said:

Kits like these are a great gateway into showing yourself that you can actually complete a project like this.  Nice work.

The first knife I did was with hand files and I jig I made, sandpaper, a torch and a rare earth magnet.  It gave me the confidence to know I could it.

I doubt it'll be your last knife.

Its my 3rd so far. I've done one from D2 steel that I shaped out and another that a friend gave me a blade that he ordered.

20 hours ago, hipower said:

Re-read last night's post. Man, I sounded like a jerk. Please let that slide. 

I can appreciate what you did, and putting it out for others to see...that takes guts.

Just because I wasn't bowled over by it wasn't a reason for me to disparage your efforts. Hell I can't do it. 

Just because it didn't meet my likes was no reason to put it the way I did. figured I'd do my apology here rather than in a pm. I might learn to think before typing.

Merry Christmas to you.

No problem, I admit it does look a little funny, The tang was a little long and I started to take some off the tang and make it a little more balanced to the blade. But, I went ahead and made the Teak handles and proceeded. Merry Christmas.

• 1 month later...