AR .22LR conversions?

Grayfox54

Basically, you remove the BCG, insert the conversion assembly and commence to shooting.  They are very simple devices.

I have a CMMG that I haven’t used in years, but recall it to be dependable.  Accuracy is acceptable for firing a .22 LR through a barrel not designed for it at close ranges I guess.

Edited by Garufa

If you are looking at the conversion bolt mentioned, they do work. Last time I fired one was in the early 80's in an M16 on an air force base range the few years uncle sam was using them. They havent changed since them.

CMMG makes an excellent drop-in conversion.  If you look around you can usually find them on sale somewhere.  

As stated above, it's a five-second switch.  Reasonably accurate and reliable.  Nothing to change on your rifle.

Designed by the brilliant Max Atchison in the late 70's.  Every AR owner should have one.

I have a cmmg bolt, charging handle, & mag only conversion. Don't use it anymore. Bought it used on here years ago. Only used it a few times in a m&p15 to. Worked well, but was consurned with the extra cleaning.  I have a sig p522 with brace that I really like & shoot  now. Not for sale. May use it again someday.

20191223_065501.jpg

Edited by swim615
On 12/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, Grayfox54 said:

I'm thinking about getting a .22LR conversion kit for my M&P-15. I know nothing about them. Please educate me. 

PSA has an M&P 15-22 with optic and case on sale for about $320 if that's convenient for you.

Edited by TomInMN
Clarity
  • Like 1