Two dead, one injured in Nashville bar stabbing, Suspect sought

DaveTN

• Administrator

BREAKING: Detectives are seeking Michael D. Mosley, 23, for questioning in Saturday morning's double fatal stabbing outside The Dogwood Bar,1907 Division St. The stabbings occurred during a fight outside the bar. The investigation shows Mosley was present.

Midtown Hills Precinct detectives investigating Saturday morning’s fatal stabbing of two men during a fight outside The Dogwood Bar at 1907 Division Street are asking for the public’s assistance in locating Michael D. Mosley, 23, who is strongly believed to have definitive information about the murders and is being sought for questioning only at this time. Mosley has been identified as being present both inside and outside of The Dogwood Bar, including when the fight occurred.

Mosley is the person who was talking with the woman at the bottom of the screen in the video released by the MNPD Saturday night.

The police department has received a number of tips from citizens Saturday and today. That information has led to the identification of the persons seen in the video Saturday night, with the exception of the man in the Nike sweatshirt. Efforts continue to positively identify him.

Clayton Beathard, 22, and Paul Trapeni III, 21, were stabbed shortly before 3 a.m. They died after being rushed to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. A third stabbing victim, Alvin Jefferson (A.J.) Bethurum, 21, suffered injuries to his eye and arm and is continuing to recover.

The dispute began over an unwanted advancement made by a man toward a woman in the bar.

Anyone seeing Michael Mosley or knowing his whereabouts is asked to contact the Emergency Communications Center at 615-862-8600, or Crime Stoppers at 615-742-7463. Mosley is last known to have lived in Pegram.

Image may contain: 1 person, selfie and closeup

As the trainer, John Farnam says, "Don't go to stupid places, and do stupid things, with stupid people."  Agreed Omega, very seldom does anything good happen at midnight.  

In my whole lifetime, I have see all kinds of trouble develop in bars.  I don't, and have never found anything I was interested in, at a bar, or the new cleaned up name, "Club". 

Really sad these young men had to die in that way. 

41 minutes ago, pop pop said:

As the trainer, John Farnam says, "Don't go to stupid places, and do stupid things, with stupid people."  Agreed Omega, very seldom does anything good happen at midnight.  

In my whole lifetime, I have see all kinds of trouble develop in bars.  I don't, and have never found anything I was interested in, at a bar, or the new cleaned up name, "Club". 

Really sad these young men had to die in that way. 

I've found lots good stuff at a bar/club, but I have an ex-girlfriend that was a stripper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“many bars and most nightclubs are populated by younger people. Take an emotionally charged atmosphere, stir in a generous dose of alcohol and/ or drugs, and you’ve got a good recipe for conflict and violence. Young males tend to have a long list of things to prove, whether they are conscious of them or not. Often their motives are unconscious because they are based on biological patterns of the human species. You probably don’t realize how much of what you think and feel is based on these patterns—and this especially applies to territoriality and status. Young men typically do not truly understand or fully appreciate the physical, psychological, and legal costs of violence. They often feel immortal, never considering the possibility of becoming maimed, crippled, or even killed in a confrontation. Consequently, young men will fight for any number of reasons—affiliations, self esteem, social status, not to be considered a wimp, the clothes they wear, revenge for some perceived slight, to impress a cute girlfriend, or just to blow off a little steam, to name a few.” 

This statement from The Little Black Book of Violence by Lawrence A. Kane and Kris Wilder has become my standard way of viewing bars/clubs at night. 

• Like 2

I worked/ran armed security in a bar district of Kansas City called Westport. There were 16 full-sized bars in 3 square city blocks that I covered from the outside. The police didn't come down there unless they were called, so that made me the local law enforcement. I made more felony and misdemeanor arrests in my 2 years there than I did my entire 6.5 years in law enforcement. I also had to use force on numerous occasions whereas I never had to do the same as a cop. My experience there made me never care to step foot into a bar.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 1796 said:

“many bars and most nightclubs are populated by younger people. Take an emotionally charged atmosphere, stir in a generous dose of alcohol and/ or drugs, and you’ve got a good recipe for conflict and violence. Young males tend to have a long list of things to prove, whether they are conscious of them or not. ” 

This statement from The Little Black Book of Violence by Lawrence A. Kane and Kris Wilder has become my standard way of viewing bars/clubs at night. 

Edited quote to shorten it a bit.

Rory Miller calls this the "Monkey Dance" in several of his excellent books.  He offers a condensed summary of it, substantiating what you said, can be found here:

https://ymaa.com/articles/violence-dynamics

• Like 1
  • Moderators
On 12/23/2019 at 1:48 PM, TGO David said:

Edited quote to shorten it a bit.

Rory Miller calls this the "Monkey Dance" in several of his excellent books.  He offers a condensed summary of it, substantiating what you said, can be found here:

https://ymaa.com/articles/violence-dynamics

This article is so descriptive of my 20s, before I had a family or started carrying a gun. If I’m to be honest, it was probably for the best that the second didn’t happen until after I’d started to settle down out of that. 

On the other hand, part of me theorizes that the reason western civilization has been so successful was the direction of young males into proving status by supporting a family instead of having young females monopolized and hoarded by older males. 

Edited by Chucktshoes