Private Tennessee Mountaintop Base with Airport Runway For Sale

TGO David

• Administrator

Friends... this could be the start of the new TGO World Headquarters and Boogaloo Forward Operating Base if we pool our resources.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31619/you-can-buy-this-mysterious-tennessee-base-complete-with-mountaintop-runway

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-cont

Highly improved recreational ranch with private airfield, excellent interior roads, live streams, timber, and a large abundance of wildlife. Paved road access and some paved private interior roads. Estimated over $1,000,000 spent in private ranch road network.

Improvements:

2,300 x 100+/- airstrip with a control tower and two hangars.

Two very nice metal insulated hangars each one is 3,500 +/- square feet.

Four nicer modular buildings on property.

Large double- winged equipment shed with central insulated shop and office quarters.

Fiber optic line had been laid to the interior of the ranch.

4 large, high- elevation observation tower stations scattered throughout the ranch provide magnificent views of both landscape and wildlife.

Interior Roads:

Over 10.5 miles of engineered high- grade all- weather private roads, some of which are paved. Many more miles of natural base interior roads traverse off the main roads, completing a network to which very few other ranches would compare. With no public roads/access through the heart of the ranch, this provides a very unique, large private setting. The infrastructure improvements including the roads and runway were constructed in 2010. All other improvements on the property were constructed from 2011 to 2012.

Ranch Amenities:

Water is in abundance with several ponds and streams, including some live streams. The topographic changes throughout the ranch provide many conducive lake site potentials. Water wells provide water to the newer structures. Elevation changes from the peaks of many large hills overlooking vast areas down to numerous creek bottoms. Although there are large draws and big hills, the topsoil is considerably good throughout the elevation changes, which provides excellent growth across the ranch.

Land:

3,000 +/- acres of pine timber varying from 8 to 11 years old.

2,500 +/- acres of hardwood timber varying from young to older mature trees.

350 +/- acres of rolling pasture grass fields.

Wildlife:

Hunting has not been allowed on this ranch for many years. Such a large contiguous block of desirable natural habitat for wildlife without historical hunting pressure is very hard to find. Wildlife is easily viewed from vehicles while driving around the ranch. Morning and evening daylight hours produce consistent viewing of deer and turkey out in the roads. As an example, all the pictures and video of deer where taken one evening over approximately an hour, from a vehicle, while on the ranch. Although wooded now, there are many acres of historical fields on the ranch that could be put back to use for wildlife or commercial farming. The infrastructure, habitat, and wildlife are in place to be utilized as a top end hunting retreat.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

If only I hadn't bought so many Glocks.

We tried to tell you they aren't legal currency. 😁

But for real, that's a decent bit of land and amenities for someone with cigar lighting money to spare.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some hedge fund owner nab it as a weekend retreat.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

$8.65m

Not that it really makes a difference to me, but I come up with a price of 9,924,800.

If my wife wins the next lottery, and she's real certain a win in the Publishers Clearinghouse is due to her...It's Ours!!

Now...back to reality. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hipower said:

Not that it really makes a difference to me, but I come up with a price of 9,924,800.

the price is posted in the link. Its on sale!

I dont think you have to win the lotto, from Davids posted pics of toys, I am sure he'll cover the first 8 million or so.

Decided military style lookouts and decor. Similar to the towers they put up around hardended ordinance bunkers on bases. No fuel tanks, so great thing is no messy toxic clean up. Not form that anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well now that I've figured out where it is, I may be able to shed some light. About 30 years or so ago I used to hunt in the area south of Savanna. The folks there abouts were quite proud of the fact that their county had one of the largest land areas in the state, but also the lowest population. Most of the land was owned by the big paper companies. For just a couple of dollars International Paper would sell you a permit to use their property to hunt, fish, camp whatever. I went there during dear season a couple of times. Two problems. 1. if you found a good place and come back next year you'd find it clear cut plumb down to bare dirt.  :eek:  2. After a couple of years, the paper company got fed up with idiots leaving camp fires burning and decided not to allow camping anymore.  :mad: Much too far for me to make it a day trip, so I just quit going there. 

Anyway, after some thought, I think that property may very well have been a base camp/ staging area for a tree cutting operation. That would certainly explain a lot of stuff about the place.  ;)

13 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Hmmm..........

Airfield, towers, roads, equipment shed and a couple of office trailers, but no house? So which cartel did this belong to?  :rolleyes:

Probably belonged to El Chapo but he won't be needed it for a couple 100 years so they are selling it......JMHO

30 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Well now that I've figured out where it is, I may be able to shed some light. About 30 years or so ago I used to hunt in the area south of Savanna. The folks there abouts were quite proud of the fact that their county had one of the largest land areas in the state, but also the lowest population. Most of the land was owned by the big paper companies. For just a couple of dollars International Paper would sell you a permit to use their property to hunt, fish, camp whatever. I went there during dear season a couple of times. Two problems. 1. if you found a good place and come back next year you'd find it clear cut plumb down to bare dirt.  :eek:  2. After a couple of years, the paper company got fed up with idiots leaving camp fires burning and decided not to allow camping anymore.  :mad: Much too far for me to make it a day trip, so I just quit going there. 

Anyway, after some thought, I think that property may very well have been a base camp/ staging area for a tree cutting operation. That would certainly explain a lot of stuff about the place.  ;)

This was my first thought too.  I grew up about 30 miles from there, in those days the paper mills had some huge operations in Henderson, Hardin and McNairy counties.  I've been away from there for many years so I'm not sure how much of that is still going on, but it makes sense that this is a defunct tree-farming operation ...

Y'all may not have noticed the story or follow the links that discussed the history. The last 10 years its been a drone training facility, before that there wasnt an airfield or roads to link the cleared areas where they added buildings. If you look at the satellite image you can see how they spoked out. The linked roads were to both working sites and mock building structures (stacked storage containers) that drone pilots in training would take practice runs on. 

May well have been owned by paper companies years before, but probably just forested area. Looks like it hasnt been stripped for quite some time.

Wish all acreage was that cheap!  Great for hunting, but man would it be expensive to develop. Historical info indicted the base power was supplied by on-site generators, that I guess they did not leave behind. Not for a paltry 9 million.

"https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1760093,-88.0220308,3694m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!7m1!2e1"

• Like 1