Tennessee State militia?

13 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've seen the Tennessee State Militia have tables at gun shows. I've never been impressed. A bunch of old, fat guys walking around in BDUs. But I'll bet that as soon as you join, your name will suddenly appear on a whole lot of alphabet agency lists. :shake:

😕 Damn, GF54!  I'm all of those things, sometimes!  Well, I don't wear camoflage, but I've been known to don a pair of OG BDUs from time to time.  🤣

21 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Lmao, that's why I take your guys word for it most times. 

Yeah I should have known better. The first thing I saw was some guy who posted his name and address on the open forum. Who does that? I'm picturing some retired 69 year old that's borded to death. His grandson probably has to turn on his computer for him. He's got 2 bad knees and high blood pressure.  Despite that he's ready to join the militia and help overthrow the government. Apparently they "train regularly"...🙄

Capture+_2019-12-30-20-38-49.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Yeah I should have known better. The first thing I saw was some guy who posted his name and address on the open forum. Who does that? I'm picturing some retired 69 year old that's borded to death. His grandson probably has to turn on his computer for him. He's got 2 bad knees and high blood pressure.  Despite that he's ready to join the militia and help overthrow the government. Apparently they "train regularly"...🙄

Capture+_2019-12-30-20-38-49.png

The thing is, anyone you would be worried about having your address probably already has it. 

• Like 2
On 12/29/2019 at 7:26 PM, Esko 270 said:

Do we have one that you would actually join? I'm I Just paranoid about what's going on in Virginia? There's so much stuff on Google it's hard to tell what's real or crazy. I vote ofcourse but how do you prepare for something this insane?

On 12/29/2019 at 11:46 PM, Esko 270 said:

Some of these responses are the exact reason I was asking. No I don't trust strangers. That's a very short list. I was Just wondering i suppose if there was an educated group that actually stayed proactive.

Prepare how? Are you thinking being in some militia group would allow you to have guns that are banned, in the states that do that?

As far as information, this forum is the best source for this state.

The militia formerly known as the Tennessee State Militia,  was  reformed and renamed as the Tennessee State Guard, organized under the Tennessee Department of the Military several years ago.  Yeah usually a bunch of older guys, but not always.  Supposedly they can be activated by the Governor, but dunno if they ever have been.  

3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Prepare how? Are you thinking being in some militia group would allow you to have guns that are banned, in the states that do that?

As far as information, this forum is the best source for this state.

Just being ready for whatever my come. Absolutely not, I would have nothing to do with any organization such as that. I jump through all the hoops and pay all my tax stamps, make sure I know the difference between a stock and a brace, etc. 

• Like 1
On 12/29/2019 at 7:26 PM, Esko 270 said:

Do we have one that you would actually join? I'm I Just paranoid about what's going on in Virginia? There's so much stuff on Google it's hard to tell what's real or crazy. I vote ofcourse but how do you prepare for something this insane?

So what's going on in Virginia that's got you so paranoid?

2 hours ago, No_0ne said:

So what's going on in Virginia that's got you so paranoid?

Nothing. Everything in Virginia is totally normal and good to go. I should have done my research before I started this thread. It will not happen again.

1 hour ago, Esko 270 said:

Nothing. Everything in Virginia is totally normal and good to go. I should have done my research before I started this thread. It will not happen again.

Since I couldn't tell if you were being facetious or not, I decided to stop being so lazy and look it up myself.  I found a lot of references to some proposed gun bills, and a lot of "the sky is falling" type remarks on the tinfoil hat type sites that I never read.  Looks like whatever was being proposed has been weakened or abandoned now ...

5 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Since I couldn't tell if you were being facetious or not, I decided to stop being so lazy and look it up myself.  I found a lot of references to some proposed gun bills, and a lot of "the sky is falling" type remarks on the tinfoil hat type sites that I never read.  Looks like whatever was being proposed has been weakened or abandoned now ...

If you want to call the majority of counties declaring themselves 2A sanctuaries, Sheriffs promising to deputize members of the community, and the incoming administration threatening to use the national guard to enforce anti 2A laws a chicken little event, then yea, I guess we're done here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1