Tennessee State militia?

Honestly, I see the threat for Virginia to use the National Guard to enforce gun control as nothing but lips moving.  I soldier not only has the right, but a duty to disobey an illegal order. I can just picture the Virginia National Guard Commander looking the Governor in the eye and saying "No."  You may have noticed that when asked the Guard Commander has never made any type or direct yes or no answer. Only something along the lines of we'll deal with it IF it ever comes up. I think he's playing it smart and keeping his rear covered. 

Even if the commander was a political critter and actually did try to follow that order, would the men obey it?  I think not.  

Nope, it just won't happen because the anti-gun politicians would, one way or another, get their collective butts handed to them and look even more idiotic than they do already. 

14 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Even if the commander was a political critter and actually did try to follow that order, would the men obey it?  I think not.  

They did it in New Orleans. But I agree that the likelihood of the guard enforcing gun laws is extremely low.

20 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Honestly, I see the threat for Virginia to use the National Guard to enforce gun control as nothing but lips moving.  I soldier not only has the right, but a duty to disobey an illegal order. I can just picture the Virginia National Guard Commander looking the Governor in the eye and saying "No."  You may have noticed that when asked the Guard Commander has never made any type or direct yes or no answer. Only something along the lines of we'll deal with it IF it ever comes up. I think he's playing it smart and keeping his rear covered. 

Nope, it just won't happen because the anti-gun politicians would, one way or another, get their collective butts handed to them and look even more idiotic than they do already. 

I agree. And being a former Police Officer; I’ve said that about cops in the past. I know you will have those that think the cops will like this; they won’t. I can’t see Chiefs and Sheriffs sending their Officers/Deputies door to door to confiscate guns. Now, if a state outlaws some gun and it is found on a traffic stop or a call to the home; that’s a whole other story and would depend a lot on the Officer, the discretion he has, and how the gun became an issue.

We will have a big problem if our state ever decides to go that route. I don’t think that would ever happen. EDIT: I take that back. I don’t think it will happen soon. Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville are growing. Our state will be blue at some point.

But I never thought I would see Congress attempt to impeach a President because they didn’t like the outcome of the election. If Democrats take over the state; it could happen here.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, Omega said:

If you want to call the majority of counties declaring themselves 2A sanctuaries, Sheriffs promising to deputize members of the community, and the incoming administration threatening to use the national guard to enforce anti 2A laws a chicken little event, then yea, I guess we're done here.

It's kind of hard for me to get overly worked up about a bill that's not yet filed, by a legislature not yet sworn in, in a state in which I don't live ...

"No body wants to take your guns, you gun nut." -typical "liberal" in the past

"Hell yes, we're going to take your ar-15" -typical "liberal" present day

Words are often a precursor to action. Not taking these people seriously is a grave mistake. They mean what they say. They want all the guns. 

"Mr and Mrs America turn them all in." -Diane Feinstein 

These people will eventually get their way if we don't take them seriously. 

Edited by crake
  • Like 4

One politician mentioned that the governor may have to bring in the national guard.  The governor and no one else has mentioned it.  The standard way for state government to handle counties that don't enforce the law is to simply withhold funding.  It happened in Nashville when Nashville legalized marijuana.  Marijuana is no longer legalized in Nashville.  Also, no one is going to be knocking down doors to take away unregistered ar's.  What will happen is that if you are caught committing a crime and you happened to be in possession of an unregistered ar, you will have additional charges added to the existing ones.  Also, if you create your own little militia and you are stock piling unregistered ar's and the government finds out, I imagine the Virginia ATF will be paying you a visit and not the local sheriff so I am not really sure what these 2A sanctuaries will actually accomplish other than just making a statement.

I moved here (I live in Jefferson City) from Massachusetts in September. Not a lark, my wife and I spent a year and a half choosing where to go, eastern Tennessee was the choice for MANY reasons. We're glad we're here, we're not going anywhere. I told her "when I die, have me cremated and sprinkled on the hill in back."

Anyway... I know people personally that now live in Virginia. One of them has been going to "Lobby Day" for years. She's active politically and articulate, and when she tells me they're concerned about what will happen when the legislators come back I believe her. Libs WILL create laws and enforce them as they see fit, regardless of constitutionality. It takes YEARS to get a case to SCOTUS, even assuming they decide to hear it.

In MA the federal assault weapon ban never sunsetted, MA copies and pasted it and made it state law. For years we just lived with it. Then on 7/20/16 our (theirs now!) Attorney General "reinterpreted the law and decided that "copies" or "substantially similar" firearms were not to be sold or possessed and were felonies. Those in possession were essentially "felons in waiting".

Gun shops statewide stopped selling them. Private sales became expensive, a "pre 7/20 ban" AR essentially sold at a premium. There were no prosecutions, but it became increasingly difficult to buy a rifle. Many vendors won't ship ANYTHING to MA. Hats, tshirts, nada. Forget about complete or even 80% lowers. Some companies won't ship SPRINGS. 

So it happens, burying your head in the sand almost guarantees it will. Once the law is in place fighting it becomes harder and more expensive. This #### needs to be stopped BEFORE  it happens, not "fixed" later.

Who would have thought 20 years ago we'd be arguing about bathrooms and wedding cakes? We are now. You think that the landscape will be recognizable 20 years from now? Lol. Go watch "Idiocracy".

Virginia is the canary in the coal mine. 

• Like 6