Ruger 57

tercel89

Not really sure about the 5.7 round mostly because I haven't looked into it all that much. However, I think this is a neat looking gun/concept. One I will probably never buy though. If 5.7 is your thing I could see this being tempting. 

3 hours ago, owejia said:

Would be interested in all ss model, no personal interest in a Tupperware model.

I think it’s been a while since Ruger made an all Steel semi auto, other than a 1911. 

I’ve always been interested in this round, since that idiot terrorist used an FNH 5.7 to great effect at Fort Hood, back in 2009. Before that, I thought it was a gimmick. Still seems much bigger than I want to carry, though. 

• Like 1

I like the 5.7mm caliber very much, and several years ago I purchased an FN 5.7mm semi-auto handgun and I love it more and more every time I shoot it.  It is without peer the most reliable and fun to shoot handgun I have ever owned.  I would not hesitate to carry this gun as a self defense weapon because I have seen video of many different test firings into ballistic gel and it produces a horrifying wound channel that I honestly believe would take down almost anyone.  I used to own a larger caliber hand gun. It was a Ruger P-94 40 caliber, but truly my FN 57 shoots as hard as the Ruger ever did. Of course anyone is welcome to criticize, and completely free to do so. That's what makes this country a decent place to live.

I wonder if Ruger is ever going to develop another firearm that isn't a copy of something else.  It seems like the P89 series was the last gun I saw from Ruger that was all their own.

I'm all in favor of more choices, and when Ruger does make a copy, it seems to be a bit better or less expensive than the original.

• Like 1

When is Ruger going to standardize on a thumb safety design?   Seems like every pistol with a safety has a different design and manual of arms.  This one looks a lot more usable than past designs, though that slim extended lever looks prone to snap off.

2 hours ago, bduncan1231 said:

Just picked up mine up Friday and  I like the looks of it much better than the FN Five Seven.  Gonna try to get some rounds through it and my Banshee pretty soon

The magazines don't happen to be compatible, do they?

10 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

The magazines don't happen to be compatible, do they?

Hoped for the same thing but SxS comparison pics say NO. Ruger mags are metal too if I read right.

Edited by FUJIMO
Typo
1 hour ago, phiferran said:

What are the odds that Ruger comes out with their pistol carbine in that caliber that takes the same magazines as the 5.7 pistol???

Exactly what I was thinking earlier given how well the ps90 has been for FN.