Armed guard question

In TN Has to be gun you qualify with or exact make ,model,&caliber.  State has list of of calibers allowed to use 45,10 -40 9-38

few others.  You can qualify with as many type of guns as wanted and pay trainer fee for each including shotgun. No rifles allowed. Go to State of TN Armed Guard for full rundown. You can email them for any questions.

5 minutes ago, Will said:

In TN Has to be gun you qualify with or exact make ,model,&caliber.  State has list of of calibers allowed to use 45,10 -40 9-38

few others.  You can qualify with as many type of guns as wanted and pay trainer fee for each including shotgun. No rifles allowed. Go to State of TN Armed Guard for full rundown. You can email them for any questions.

Thanks. That is what I thought but I couldn't find it when searching.

Given recent events, I'm curious how this would apply to church security teams.   No uniform?  

10 hours ago, Photoguy67 said:

It's considered impersonation of a licensed professional. You are giving the appearance of a licensed armed guard when you are not licensed.

1 hour ago, peejman said:

Given recent events, I'm curious how this would apply to church security teams.   No uniform?  

It wouldn't apply to them . They aren’t claiming to be licensed guards. They are just citizens with HCP’s.

• Like 1

Armed Security can be uniform or plainclothes.  Church Security is another story,no Armed Security Card required,you are there

on your own using your handgun permit to protect you and your family..   Church Security Team,you need only HCP and you have to

take a special class to cover you and church,put on by trainer.  Like any civilian/police you can be charged or sued for certain mishaps,

• Like 1

I hope your not considering this as a profession.  My younger son was an armed security guard for a couple of years after he came home from Iraq. The hours suck, the pay sucks, you get absolutely no respect from anybody and the whole world looks down on just another stupid rent-a-cop. Only the few folks at the very top of the company make a decent living at it. 

You're not a cop. You have no real authority, can't arrest anybody, yet you're expected to walk right into trouble. Not to mention you're expected to put your life on the line protecting somebody else's stuff. Its a crappy job. :poop:

• Like 3

I just went through this last week I qualified with one of my Glock 19s I have 4 different 19 models and one is my 19x I was told I can use any Glock 19 with no issues, you may also qualify with a 2nd pistol I know 2 guys in my class did and I believe they paid an additional $35 but I’m not sure of the price I did mine through Alliance and Royal Range awesome course Angel Rodriguez and Warren Smith are two of the best instructors I have ever seen I throughly enjoyed my class