Wyatt DBM issue

I bought a wyatt dbm for my rem 700 which currently sits in a mcmillan edge stock.  The back of the magazine does not sit high enough in the back and as a result sometimes the bolt does not catch the top of the lip of the cartridge to push it out of the magazine and into the chamber.  I sent a message to Wyatt and he said to remove some material behind the trigger and shorten the pillar.  I would much rather hack on the dbm than my stock.  If I hack on the stock and decide to replace the dbm then I will end up having to shim it for whatever I replace it with.  Is this the right approach to the issue or is there a better way?

Well, you'v got 3 ways to go. Do as wyatt suggested by cutting out material in your stock. Modify each magazine by bending the feed lips open slightly more than they are or, my preferred method would be remove the magazine latch, put a fresh grind on it mag lock up contact point, add a bit of mig weld to it, reshape the weld to act as an extension. Remove what ever else you need to too let the mag ride that much higher in its frame. 30 some years ago, I used to put these in 700's  https://www.cabelas.com/product/Kwik-Klip-Remington-Model-Clip-Conversion-Kit/741478.uts These are very well made units and never had any issues with them. I liked them so much, I refit one into my Husky HVA 30-06.

I had the same issue with mags on my Rem. 783. called Rem. they sent me a new mag, same result. Finally Rem. had me send the rifle back to the service dept. They fixed it, no more issues. I eventually bent the lip on my extra mag & got it to work. In lieu of returning it like I did, I'd try fixing the mag, rather than tampering with the stock. Just my experience.

Best of luck. Hard to understand why this issue is still popping up at Remington.